Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Scranton School District Rant

Last edited by jahwarrior72; June 2nd, 2010 at 11:35 AM.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Scranton School District Rant

Oh my. What a PITA. Glad to hear you have a lawyer on it. I have to ask, you said you're homeschooling. Do you mean actual homeschooling where you're paying for all the materials? I mean, if you are then you should look into a cyber charter school. The SCHOOL DISTRICT will have to pay for everything then. Your child will have the option of not doing everything on the computer too if that's a concern for you. The school sends your child a computer and printer and THEY pay for your internet access. If you think you'd be interested let me know. I'd be happy to answer any questions you'd have. Oh, they have the SAME standards/state requirements as far as IEPs etc too.

(Lehigh County)

I think that your relation of the story was hilarious.

I think the situation in and of itself is deplorable.

now you know what to get her for X-Mas.

or, send her this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf-VdygMi8I

and seriously, this tardo needs a firing. public schools are more concerned with things that are neither dangerous, nor illegal... instead of educating. local newspaper time.
    Last edited by Ten*K; December 16th, 2008 at 08:42 PM.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Pike County)

I feel for your family, and this ordeal. Good luck, and let me know if I can be of help. When the weather is good if you guys end up in my neck of the woods give a holler and we'll hit a few nice spots I know, you all could use some relief.
    Last edited by gf45acp; December 17th, 2008 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    Oh my. What a PITA. Glad to hear you have a lawyer on it. I have to ask, you said you're homeschooling. Do you mean actual homeschooling where you're paying for all the materials? I mean, if you are then you should look into a cyber charter school. The SCHOOL DISTRICT will have to pay for everything then. Your child will have the option of not doing everything on the computer too if that's a concern for you. The school sends your child a computer and printer and THEY pay for your internet access. If you think you'd be interested let me know. I'd be happy to answer any questions you'd have. Oh, they have the SAME standards/state requirements as far as IEPs etc too.
    I was in the second CCS graduating class in the country. I have my diploma and everything.

I grew up rather poor and at 16 this enabled me to work full time at one place during the day, full time at night (under the table) and do my school work between 10pm -2am and then start again at 9am the next day.

When you have nothing, you'll do anything to survive.

I did my senior project on "how to cheat at blackboard.com tests and how to circumvent their computer safeguards" I ended up passing and my findings were passed onto blackboard.
    Last edited by Kaos; December 16th, 2008 at 11:54 PM.

(Chester County)

Jah, I feel terrible for you guys. The school personell are way out of line.

On a side note, I had a pet rat when I was a kid. Her name was Charlotte. She was one of the best pets I ever had. My mom hated it though and I had to keep her in the basement, but I don't think Charlotte cared.

She was white with those bright red eyes.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Venango County)

This Lee Carr needs removed.

I think it can be shown that for whatever reasons, she has done nothing but look for excuses not to service your needs like she is required to do.

I wonder if the "acting under color of law" thing would work here as well.

My best hopes and wishes for you and your family and especially your child who needs this help!

It is ironic that, in the 'No Child Left Behind' era, they are trying to leave yours.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Sorry about the whole situation.

Good you got a lawyer on it. This bitch is using excuse after excuse.

Maybe you can get some letters, emails and phone calls going from us pro 2A forum members. That should rattle her cage.

Another thing is the rat. Maybe (dare I say it) PETA could be a pain in her ass too.

She's abusing her power, and must be stopped.

(Lehigh County)

yeah, i'm sure plenty o kids go home to big dogs and miserable hissing cats. all more dangerous than a wee moosie. and more so than a holstered firearm.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Greene County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ten*K View Post
    yeah, i'm sure plenty o kids go home to big dogs and miserable hissing cats. all more dangerous than a wee moosie. and more so than a holstered firearm.
    Nah, the most dangerous thing a child can go home to is a parent that tries to circumvent their learning by using twisted logic ala Ms. Carr. Where has reason gone? Looks like someone really threw the baby out with the bath water on this one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast