Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Colosimo's Gun Shop...

On Spring Garden in Philly. I stopped in there today and I have to say thoes people should be put in jail for attempted rape! Their prices were outrageous! I could swear they had a plain jane Sig P239 for like $999!!!! I think I also saw a CZ 75 for like $800! I left in disgust chuckling to myself, but I have to ask. Do people actually pay these prices?
    Anyway, If you want a good laugh when in the area - stop in there.
    ~Wales

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Colosimo's Gun Shop...

You out a smile on my face my P239 .40 NIB was $590.00 delivered and the CTC's on it were $240.00 from the same guy delivered throw in the VM 2 I got for $90.00 delievered and damn I got a good deal. All with no tax
    --------------------
    Wayne

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935
    ---------------

(Philadelphia County)

They're pretty famous for that. Their only saving grace is that they have a lot of firearms that are very hard to find like HK USCs, SP89s, SL8s, etc.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Delaware County)

I was in their last summer to buy ammo what a mistake, I also left I could not believe the prices and the shop needs updating very old and run down looking.
    I never even looked at the range around the corner and never will.

(Chester County)

Colosimo's has what I like to call "tiered" pricing.

If you come in uniform (or flash a badge) the price is chopped to a fraction of advertised.

If you come in, know what you're talking about, and bullshit with Jim, you'll pay about what you'd pay at any other store. I bought a gun from him years ago, right when I moved up here after law school. I paid about average for the city (maybe $50 too much), he threw in a bunch of free ammo, a bunch of free range time, and a few free shooting lessons. Smoked a couple of his cigars with him, too. Really, a very decent sort of guy.

If you come in looking like a gang banger or a criminal, you're paying list.

He may be a bit pricey, but he takes care of his customers if they aren't pricks. I, personally, like the guy.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rule10b5 View Post

If you come in uniform (or flash a badge) the price is chopped to a fraction of advertised.

If you come in, know what you're talking about, and bullshit with Jim, you'll pay about what you'd pay at any other store. I bought a gun from him years ago, right when I moved up here after law school. I paid about average for the city (maybe $50 too much), he threw in a bunch of free ammo, a bunch of free range time, and a few free shooting lessons. Smoked a couple of his cigars with him, too. Really, a very decent sort of guy.

If you come in looking like a gang banger or a criminal, you're paying list.

He may be a bit pricey, but he takes care of his customers if they aren't pricks. I, personally, like the guy.
    That's good to know, I've never bought anything from them but I got the first same impression. Kind of a shame since I would never have known this unless you told me.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Dauphin County)

Thumbs down Re: Colosimo's Gun Shop...

I stopped in there a few months back. Back in the mid 80's I was a Policeman stationed in Philadelphia, and I used to regularly buy my guns there. It looked like a hole in the wall then, and it hasn't gotten any better.

What did change was there attitude. I collect older curio weapons now. Nothing they had in the used department rated more than fair conditon. Prices were about 50% over book price for 100% condition.

All of their price tags were hidden under their guns, so they couldn't be seen. So when I saw a pistol I thought I would like to buy, I asked to look at it. As each came out from the case, I was shocked at the asking price. After about the sixth gun I asked to see, the woman retrieving them said "Are you going to want me to bring out every one?" in an extremely annoyed tone. My fairly quick response was "No, Just the ones you would like to sell" That was it for me, I turned around, and that's the last they'll see me.

(Montgomery County)

HAH! I was working in a gunshop in Montgomeryville when some black fella came in, wanted to trade his bryco 380 in on a Glock 19...got PISSED when he was told that we'd give him $25 for his used bryco.

Showed us a $400+ receipt from Colosimos on his pistol, bought the previous month....and totally didn't beieve the cost we told him...

he got even more angry when we showed him current dealer price at the time was something like $62.50 or something...

yeesh, what a shock.

heard of this stuff before, but never experienced it in person from a buyer
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Bucks County)

Hmmm, tiered pricing in gun shops often makes me curious..and more often, suspicious...

For what it's worth, here is a link regarding an anti-gun group assembling outside of this gun store...

http://www.knoxforphilly.com/in_the_news/press_release

And another regarding their [Brady] claim that this store is "one of the worst 'bad apple' gun dealers in America":

http://www.commondreams.org/news2003/0716-10.htm

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

By the way...we're SO GLAD you're a lawyer! We're happy that your parents are proud of you. We don't want to hurt your feelings but we really don't want, need, or value your advice, (though you wouldn't understand this because, as a lawyer, it would never dawn on you that we already know that legal advice is about as useful and accurate as gambling advice)...but feel free to keep trolling for business...I hear that protesting a lack of interest in employment has worked like a charm for the other, older profession....er, that would be the disclaimer posting...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rule10b5 View Post
    The flip side of that is: for every one customer who perseveres in the face of the offensive listed prices and gets the "real" price, there must be a dozen to a hundred customers, like me, who walked in, read the prices, and walked right out again, never to return.

Unlike, say, for cars, generally haggling at gun shops "isn't done" so the owner should not expect customers to divine that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast