Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Colosimo's Gun Shop...

yes ive been there once before.. they had lots of firearms but the prices were unbelieveable. i believe their transfer fee was around $60..

so i did my transfer at king shooter supply in KOP. roger is the coolest

(Philadelphia County)

If you come in looking like a gang banger or a criminal, you're paying list.

So if you look like you should not own a gun, they will charge you top dollar?

(Philadelphia County)

I think the FFL license requires that you operate a shop and have some sort of business hours. If somebody (even Mr. Gangsta with the sideways hat) comes in looking to buy and passes the background check, can you turn him down? (maybe you can, but if the feds require that you run a shop, then run a shop).

My impression of the place was that it wanted to cater to LEOs. Just my impression.

Anyway, seems the few shops in Philly that I've been in charge a "philly premium." If you want to get a fair price on a gun, like anything else, really have to shop around.

Miller's and Target Master are both close enough and I'd recommend either (or both).

(Philadelphia County)

colosimo's is the absolute worst! i never heard anyone have a good experience there, but i did once.. when the lady was off and a nice fella was workin, sold me a colt trooper mkiii for a nice price and said the owner would want 50% more.
    the last time i was in there i was in the market for a .44 mag. i am normal looking young guy, pants may be a little baggier than most would like but i am far from a "gang banger". so the week before i asked the nice young lady (sarcasm intended) if she had any .44's she said no but as i was leaving i saw the redhawk so the next week (this was in the middle of the summer) i hopped on my bike and took a ride over there (about 3 miles in 90+ degrees)hoping she was off that day or sometin. so i went in and there was a different nice guy behind the counter and her eatin lunch in the back so i asked him to see the redhawk, it was like $700 or sometin and looked used. so when i handed it back she said from the back "your not gonna buy it!" i said no thank you i can get it online for about 4 something used, this made her furious lol. her reply was "well u know you have to have it shipped and we give u free lessons and range time". i said no thank you because i don't need lessons, and i would never shoot in your range because you charge 18$ for the same remington .38spl's front street has for $9.00. then she screamed "your wasting my time" and i said yea i am and left.
    a time before that i asked to see a ruger blackhawk and she said "thats really expensive are you gonna buy it", i said i don't know because you won't show it to me.
    locks is awesome, front street is awesome for ordering and 9th street is ok once you get to know the people.

(Philadelphia County)

I don't like Colosimo's too much, but you definitely can haggle with them and they have been friendly whenever I went in. The Black guy who works there isn't authorized to haggle down the prices but Jim and a lady who I think must be his wife are (the Black dude is really friendly and if you try talking him down on the price, he'll tell you when Jim or his wife will be there so maybe they can cut you a deal). If you're in Philly and long guns are your thing, though, I'd suggest shopping at South Philly Gun & Archery-- they have a better selection of long guns and better deals (or go a bit outside the city to Horsham and shop at Clayton's).

Range at Colosimo's, last time I checked, is only equipped for .22 rifles, for shooting higher-powered rifles, again, you'll have to go to South Philly Gun & Archery. As others here have mentioned, Colosimo's is Public Enemy #1 for the anti-gun crowd in Philly, so you should try to give the guy business if you can negotiate a good deal on a pistol.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Montgomery County)

heh, I've never shopped there, but i saw many times, while working at a shop in montgomeryville, the ridiculously high prices they charged.

A guy came in, wanted to trade his HiPoint in for a used Glock 19, he lost his mind when we said trade value was like $60 on the Hipoint, and proceeded to show us a receipt for $425 for the hipoint from Colosimos.

that made my mind there never to shop at the place

that wasn't the only one, $300 Bryco 380s and such
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Montgomery County)

If you think their gun prices are insane... check out their ammo prices

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinakorp View Post
    If you think their gun prices are insane... check out their ammo prices
    I don't know why any non-cop would shop/shoot here.
    I will never again give these people any of my money.
    The unspoken white-boy discount bothers me, even as a white boy.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by yawns View Post
    I don't know why any non-cop would shop/shoot here.
    I will never again give these people any of my money.
    The unspoken white-boy discount bothers me, even as a white boy.
    Colosimo's was among the plaintiffs who were involved in the most recent lawsuit against Nutter to enjoin enforcement of Nutter's crazy local gun laws.

Maybe Colosimo's deserves some support on that score.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12