Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Please keep your eyes and ears open

Dec 10 2008 around 6:22 pm, a house in the Rochester area was robbed... That is not unusual, but the lady that lives there is a good friend at work.

What is unusual is that her husband works for a couple area municipalities as a police officer, and that means he had multiple badges at home.

The thief got some jewelry, then went directly to the closet where the uniforms where and stole multiple badges from local towns… Baden, Rochester, Monaca… There was also an AG badge, as this officer worked for the AG office in Beaver; a personal firearm for home defense was also taken.

If you happen to hear rumors or know who might be involved in this robbery, please contact the Beaver non emergency 911. (724 775-0881)

Obviously these badges could be used to defraud people into thinking they are letting the police into their home when in reality; it would be a home invasion.
    If out of nowhere some one pulls you over, and or goes to your home and produces a badge, you have the right to call the police and ask if this officer is for real. Take the badge number, call Beaver 911, (724 775-0881) and ask if this person has real business with you.
    It is not known at this time if there where uniforms stolen or not. It is quite possible there where, an other article I saw lately said police where wondering where uniforms and patches with local police where coming from. Obviously this officer was robbed for one thing, and the thieves found it.

Beware of fake cops, mainly young ladies. Make the ladies in your surroundings aware of this.
    If you have reason to believe you know who is behind this theft, and do not want to call 911, please pm me, I can get you in contact with the officer in question.

At the time of the robbery, the officer was on duty in Monaca; Although Rochester and the area is not the best that can be found, the area is fairly tight knit and his neighbors knew he was a police officer. This leads me to believe this was not some bum who broke in out of no where, but could possibly be a person who was well dressed and had a fairly recent car. The whole robbery took less then 5 minutes.

As mentioned before, If you believe a person at your door had no business there, or you get pulled over by a non identified police, please grab your cell and make a call, it could save you. If the officer or person at the door will not give you his id and or badge number visibly, there is reason to be worried.

My fear is that the next logical step for a person who is doing this is to visit people who have firearms and claim they are there to “inspect” or cease them.

You can contact me directly by e-mail, dartbearpa@verizon.net if you have reason to believe you have info on this.

I will forward this to the person I work with to see if there is more info that can be given on this and or if there is an other number where the officer in question can be reached..

Be safe.
    Frenchy
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Please keep your eyes and ears open

Thanks for the PSA Frenchy. I hope everything works out for them.

(Beaver County)

2nd that. Thanks for alerting us. I just had my wife read this. I consider her to be a pretty and young woman who drives a VERY noticable truck that every beaver county police man knows. We own a diesel truck performance store, and my wife rolls in a mildly lifted Excursion with stickers plastered all over it and enough stainless and chrome to blind all travellers! She could be easily targetted as a sexy young girl in a loud hot-rod truck. I will keep my ear to the ground and let ya know if I hear anything. Many of the 18-22 yr old youth hang out at my shop or on my phone lines and kids like to brag.

(Beaver County)

I will keep an eye out...

Not to say this is the guy that I was talking about, but some one did exactly what i suspected they would do.

NESHANNOCK TWP.

Published: Monday, January 12, 2009 5:24 PM EST
    State police reported that a man impersonating a police officer stopped a New Castle woman on Route 60 in Lawrence County Friday and obtained her personal information before leaving.

The unidentified woman was stopped between Mitchell Road and Kings Chapel Road in Neshannock Township around 3:10 p.m. Police said a black man in his 40s wearing a black uniform and tan hat posed as an officer and got the victim’s license, registration and insurance information.

The suspect’s car was described as tan and, possibly, a Ford Crown Victoria.
    Link to original page
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Beaver County)

Just a few miles up the highway, very possible!
    "Yell it from that Mountain High 'I was Born Free' " ~ Kid Rock

(Allegheny County)

Do an ebay search on police badge or police patches, no need to rob a house just to get some, easy enough to come by.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Montanya View Post
    Do an ebay search on police badge or police patches, no need to rob a house just to get some, easy enough to come by.
    Stupid crooks don't know that... ;(
    "Yell it from that Mountain High 'I was Born Free' " ~ Kid Rock