Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Media outlets slanting news to help obama

Bill O'Rielly had a good point on his show the other night.
    The same news outlets that were openly supporting Obama are now intentionally reporting bad news and ignoring positive stories,especially on the economy as not to give anything to Pres Bush and the Republicans.
    Then when the Big O gets in they will start reporting the more positive to mack it look like its Obama is the savior.
    What are your thoughts
    RIP -The US constitution.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Media outlets slanting news to help obama

All I see is shooting this. Shooting that. Gun this, gun that.

Its 4x the normal tempo, like they are trying to step up the anti-gun spin awful hard. OR, they have all the making up to do from where the elections took them away from their true purpose. To report as shittily as possible about every gun related 'incident' known to man.

The reporting I see about good news,(economy) is usually delivered with a smirk and a casual eye roll. So yes.

The brain washing is ever present.

(Lehigh County)

Biased media reporting?

I'm shocked... shocked to learn!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by NY Refugee View Post
    Bill O'Rielly had a good point on his show the other night.
    The same news outlets that were openly supporting Obama are now intentionally reporting bad news and ignoring positive stories,especially on the economy as not to give anything to Pres Bush and the Republicans.
    Then when the Big O gets in they will start reporting the more positive to mack it look like its Obama is the savior.
    What are your thoughts
    The media doesn't control the stock market, and it's crashed to maybe half of it's value from this time last year.

O'reilly's an idiot.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by talldean View Post
    The media doesn't control the stock market, and it's crashed to maybe half of it's value from this time last year.

O'reilly's an idiot.
    The stock market has little to do with any one administration yet the slant is that it has everything to do with Bush and only Bush. I keep hearing about all the difficulty with getting credit. Why is it then that I get 3-5 pieces of mail from credit companies trying to get me to open an account or take credit from them every week?

I am tired of the doom and gloom. Sure shit sucks now. It will get worse. Stop telling me the Dream Team of Pelosi, Reid, Dodd, Frank, Biden, and Obama will rescue the auto industry, the financial industry, and energy.

Is anyone else getting creeped out by the appointment of all these Czars? Car Czar, Energy Czar, Drug Czar, when does it stop? Democrats (did you hear Boxer's stupid charge that no one bitched about how much AIG employees made when they got the bailout money?) are bitching that the Republicans finally found the tiny lump of flesh that used to be their ball sack and said no to the auto bailout. I am just sick with all the bullshit. Stop watching the news. It will make you want to shoot your TV.

Oh yeah and Olberman is a douche.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by talldean View Post

O'reilly's an idiot.
    What the media does affect is public perception and perception is what drives the stock market. If a large enough group of people believe that this or that sector is in trouble, such as banking(Thank you Senator Schumer), then not only will you have runs on the banks(Thank you Senator Schumer) such as we saw in California, but you have massive selling in that sector. That is what drives the market.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by billamj View Post
    What the media does affect is public perception and perception is what drives the stock market. If a large enough group of people believe that this or that sector is in trouble, such as banking(Thank you Senator Schumer), then not only will you have runs on the banks(Thank you Senator Schumer) such as we saw in California, but you have massive selling in that sector. That is what drives the market.
    Correctamundo! Perception becomes reality, and you can see how the giant has feet of clay, whenever "confidence" is shaken in matters monetary.