Tomcat I'm sure I am the last person you really want to hear from....but....I'm not a grudge holder...maybe a little Seriously this is one of the best threads I have ever read, and one I have actually read entirely. The scope I currently use on my FAL just deals with MOA, mostly because the whole MIL system was quite confusing originally, and an EX army buddy said it's easier with MOA in his opinion. After reading all of your thread I have decided to go the MIL route, having more of an understanding for it, it seems like a really efficent system.

I don't know if you would answer this or if someone could answer it for me if not. I currently have an Osprey International 10-40x magnification red/green rectile. It adjusts with 1/8" MOA per 1 click.

This is the exact scope I have, and place I purchased it from.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=453841

My question is, is this scope one that you, or any serious LR shooter would use ??? I understand it may not be top quality or anything like that. I was using it on a Saiga .308 and have since sold that and bought the FAL. I was planning on going up to the range, unfortunatly it's only 100 yard range, and zeroing it in. My thought was to keep this scope on the FAL, assuming it's a decent scope, and go with a MIL dot scope for my AR-15 I just purchased. Right now I just don't have the money to go shooting as much as I'd like, unemployment is a biotch, but I am trying to set my rifles up for efficent LR shooting.

Any and all help is MUCH appreciated as you guys seem much more knowledgable than me with optics.