Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default PAFOA Membership Card Requests:

I'm beginning this thread as an initiative towards conveying P.F.O.A. members interest in having a membership card displaying their active participation. Something, perhaps, like an emailed, or downloadable, printer friendly members only card, saying members only with the site logo, even with an option of displaying the individuals nick I.D., I think it would be something more creative and group belonging to have..So I firstly say to the powers of this site 'that be', Give your proud, loyal members a printable members card we can put in are wallets and when we meet up in life can say hey look you got one too, LOL! alittle korny, but i think it would be pretty damn Awesome!
    If you agree, Others reading this, or disagree, post your thoughts...they will be muchly appreciated...Have a phenomenal evening and perhaps a brandnew pfoa membership card in your hand as quick as your printer can print it, Soon!
    ***Grin.....Sincerely, Winchester.....

Default Re: P.F.O.A. Members - Membership Card Requests:

Quote Originally Posted by winchester View Post
    I'm beginning this thread as an initiative towards conveying P.F.O.A. members interest in having a membership card displaying their active participation. Something, perhaps, like an emailed, or downloadable, printer friendly members only card, saying members only with the site logo, even with an option of displaying the individuals nick I.D., I think it would be something more creative and group belonging to have..So I firstly say to the powers of this site 'that be', Give your proud, loyal members a printable members card we can put in are wallets and when we meet up in life can say hey look you got one too, LOL! alittle korny, but i think it would be pretty damn Awesome!
    If you agree, Others reading this, or disagree, post your thoughts...they will be muchly appreciated...Have a phenomenal evening and perhaps a brandnew pfoa membership card in your hand as quick as your printer can print it, Soon!
    ***Grin.....Sincerely, Winchester.....
    Some one already thought about this, the cards would have been like real ID cards we had even thought about asking stores to honor a %5 to %10 discount on them... as BDevil about it... he works in a card making company.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

Funny. I just handed out a PAFOA business card(Dan gave me some official cards)to a Dunham's employee today, when I picked up my AK.

The "printable card" isn't a bad idea, so long as it is kept to an agreed upon standard. (Authorized by Dan)
    It would allow people to print as many as they need without taking away from the PAFOA donations.

I don't know how much it costs, or how difficult it would be to get some of the cards that I have to the members here, but a business card lends credibility when you are talking to people who are not aware of this great organization.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Some one already thought about this, the cards would have been like real ID cards we had even thought about asking stores to honor a %5 to %10 discount on them... as BDevil about it... he works in a card making company.
    it could work even by simply emailing a specialized printerfriendly card to the member with an exclusive id number..who knows, but i think it should be thought about again...its a good idea!

(Franklin County)

I'd guess that the biggest reason you won't see this happen (or permitted to do on your own) is the care that must be taken to ensure that people who are pretty much completely unknown to Dan don't claim to be an official representative of the organization.

Even those of us who are forum staff aren't "official representatives" of the organization.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I'd guess that the biggest reason you won't see this happen (or permitted to do on your own) is the care that must be taken to ensure that people who are pretty much completely unknown to Dan don't claim to be an official representative of the organization.

Even those of us who are forum staff aren't "official representatives" of the organization.
    I'd rather have a hat anyway. There's already too much shit in my wallet.

27JMHOhand

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Funny. I just handed out a PAFOA business card(Dan gave me some official cards)to a Dunham's employee today, when I picked up my AK.

The "printable card" isn't a bad idea, so long as it is kept to an agreed upon standard. (Authorized by Dan)
    It would allow people to print as many as they need without taking away from the PAFOA donations.

I don't know how much it costs, or how difficult it would be to get some of the cards that I have to the members here, but a business card lends credibility when you are talking to people who are not aware of this great organization.
    Having an available business card template available for use seems like a much more viable option than an "ID card". Of course, this too should be done in a secure manner, so it isn't easily modified by someone wishing to claim they have some organizational authority.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

So certainly with some creative thinking regarding the details...I think an individualized members card, with an exclusive identification for each particular card made would be a phenomenal ideal and surely inspiring for all the members in boasting their cards and promoting the site..i think it could work beautifully! theres alot of traffic on this site and the cards would be additional advertizment and beneficial promotional oppurtunities for the site...
    also i know the members would love having a card they could show off LOL!
    sincerely, winchester....

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post

A disclaimer could be printed on the bottom or back of the card saying something like "the holder of this card is in no way a representative of the PAFOA organization".

(Philadelphia County)

The thing where this gets sticky is about the word "membership". From a legal standpoint PAFOA does not have "Memberships" like the NRA (which has a specific legal meaning and confers legal rights based on organizational bylaws)

PAFOA simply has website users some of which are "supporters".

This obviously makes printing up "membership cards" legally sticky.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast