Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Shooting Range Recommendations - Perkasie, Quakertown, etc. Area

Quote Originally Posted by FireGS View Post
    +1 for Ridge and Valley Rod & Gun club in Coopersburg. Great guys there.
    I second that... just joined myself, and strolled over there today... 25/50/100 yd range on the top, pistol range on the bottom of the hill, and I think they have a shotgun range as well.

$65 for new members per year, renewals a bit cheaper. Open 9:30 to dusk weekdays and Saturday, 12:00 to dusk Sunday.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    Hey Rich,

Be patient, bro, wait a little longer. Come February, I'll get you into Paletown. You'll love it. Never any wait on the ranges, a gorgeous bass lake, and good folks. You'll see. All at $15 a year.

By the way, I was at Donley's today. He did some NICE work on my Saige rifle. I'll post pics of it when I take a few.

Chris

Hey just a quick question.
    I currently am a member of Great Swamp Fish and Game outside of Richlandtown, but i am always looking for a good place to shoot. Main reason I joined GS was for the fishing, and the gun range comes as an added bonus. I am looking for a place that my friend and I could both join and go and shoot together, relatively inexpensively.

I can't find any information on Paletown Gun Club anywhere except for local obituaries ... i know that is kinda sad, but that is what google brings up ....
    anyway, i was wondering if either of you guys could point me in the right direction on how to become a member there ....

Thanks

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    The public range at Nockamixon is gone, and it will probably be a cold day in hell before it's re-opened.

Bucks County Fish and Game, Trumbaursville Gun Club, and Paletown Gun Club are all local to you. However, you need to know someone to get in. I'm a member of Paletown, and we only take in members in February, so that won't be much help to you. Trumbaursville accepts members year-round, and so does Bucks County Fish and Game. I can't help you with those two.
    Quote Originally Posted by n8dogg455 View Post
    Hey just a quick question.
    I currently am a member of Great Swamp Fish and Game outside of Richlandtown, but i am always looking for a good place to shoot. Main reason I joined GS was for the fishing, and the gun range comes as an added bonus. I am looking for a place that my friend and I could both join and go and shoot together, relatively inexpensively.

I can't find any information on Paletown Gun Club anywhere except for local obituaries ... i know that is kinda sad, but that is what google brings up ....
    anyway, i was wondering if either of you guys could point me in the right direction on how to become a member there ....

Thanks
    My first post explains it.

Yeah, we have very little in the way of info out there. At the moment it's a great club. But sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if the club isn't here in 20 years. We have very few new members coming in because of the one-time-per-year way of bringing folks in, and we don't seem to do much in the way of family-oriented functions aside from a yearly kids fishing day. In the meantime, though, it's a great place to shoot, the folks that are there are cool, and the ranges are nice.

(Bucks County)

gotcha
    thanks for the explaination,
    i apparently missed that the first time through ...

it is true, but alot of clubs are not keeping up with the times of change.
    it seems like paletown is a nice little club, but has potential to be much better.

thanks for the info.

(Bucks County)

anybody know anything about bucks county fish and game club? its like 5 minuets from my house, so once i finally get my gun (STILL waiting to hear from the psp) i might try and join. i have to find somebody who is a member, but ill worry about that when the time comes
    i got shot, you should buy my stuff

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by christopher1693 View Post
    thanks, but i have that. i meant is the range crowded, are the people nice, stuff like that
    i got shot, you should buy my stuff

sorry... That I don't know. I wish i did. I like wicens farm, and targetmaster in chadds ford.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by eells View Post
    thanks, but i have that. i meant is the range crowded, are the people nice, stuff like that

Depends on what you want to do at the club. If you want to fire more than one shot every five seconds, I'd suggest you look elsewhere.

(Berks County)

I was at Bucks County Fish and Game with a friend who is a member. I was shooting my AK. I would fire a round, and then count to five, SLOWLY. As in, one one thousand...two one thousand...three one thousand...SLOWLY. I shot for about an hour or so until a Range Officer came over to yell at me for rapid firing and acted like a complete asshole to me. I packed up and left.

It's a nice looking range, but I can't stand the place.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast