Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Shooting Range Recommendations - Perkasie, Quakertown, etc. Area

Hey Rich,

Be patient, bro, wait a little longer. Come February, I'll get you into Paletown. You'll love it. Never any wait on the ranges, a gorgeous bass lake, and good folks. You'll see. All at $15 a year.

By the way, I was at Donley's today. He did some NICE work on my Saige rifle. I'll post pics of it when I take a few.

Chris

well we all know prices go up... But it looks like they may be just trying to make as much as they can, then sell out. or they could just be trying to fight the lawsuits. But people are tired of being nickle and dimed. I can see 10-15 to get in. I can live with that. I would spent more than that on gas going somewhere else. But I'm not coughing up more for this and that. I had nothing but good experiences there, they never yelled. they just wanted to see what I was shooting. I'm sorry if it has changed, they were nothing but nice from what I saw Maybe they guy was just having a bad day, but I won't tolerate a guy yelling , especially when I paid to go there... Like they're doing us a favor being open.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    Hey Rich,

Be patient, bro, wait a little longer. Come February, I'll get you into Paletown. You'll love it. Never any wait on the ranges, a gorgeous bass lake, and good folks. You'll see. All at $15 a year.

By the way, I was at Donley's today. He did some NICE work on my Saige rifle. I'll post pics of it when I take a few.

Chris
    That'd be great, Chris, thanx! Nice and close, I love it. And yes, Dave is a good guy. He's received quite a few guns for me this past year and done some work on one as well.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuakertownRich View Post
    That'd be great, Chris, thanx! Nice and close, I love it. And yes, Dave is a good guy. He's received quite a few guns for me this past year and done some work on one as well.

Check out the pics I just posted of the Saiga .308 he did for me! If I get more Saigas, they will be going back to him.

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/gun-pictu...onversion.html

(Bucks County)

That's pretty dang sweet! I don't have an EBR yet, but it gives me ideas. I'm reducing my collection of guns/ammo and have placed ads in the classified sections to free up some capital. Maybe after I get some cash I'll be doing some shopping.
    Last edited by QuakertownRich; June 23rd, 2009 at 07:37 AM.

(Bucks County)

Angry Re: Shooting Range Recommendations - Perkasie, Quakertown, etc. Area

I went to Wicen's about a year ago there were two RO's there and they were contradicting eachother, they were rude and obnoxious screamed at me for not leaving an action open on a semiauto rifle that did not have a hold open device. With those jackasses running the place maybe it should close when I was younger and the brothers where alive I went there on a regular basis but the way it is run now I would rather shoot indoors at CP max 25yds. than put up with the ignorant twits that run Wicen's I have been shooting longer than they have been alive and was taught to shoot by the owners of the TwinS club in East Greenville when it was open Thier range flag system also sucks as it is not visible from the firing stations

wow I wonder what's going on over there.

(Bucks County)

Cool Re: Shooting Range Recommendations - Perkasie, Quakertown, etc. Area

Actually, nothing really different than when the brothers ran the place. Old Frank was frequently less than diplomatic on observing actions he felt didn't fit his mold; Steven was generally less cranky, but also had the gift.

The new RO's are given to feeling their oats, but your conduct can put things at rest pretty quick. Be hostile in response to their hostility and sh*t escalates. What a surprise.

We've all got better places, cheaper places, nicer places, etc., etc. They just don't happen to be located within 10 miles or so of your house....certainly not mine. So, there's an unpleasant aspect of Wicens that - in my opinion - has been there for a long time anyway, but it's not especially hard to figure out how to handle it.

I never had anything but a good time there

(Lehigh County)

+1 for Ridge and Valley Rod & Gun club in Coopersburg. Great guys there.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast