Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bedford County)

Default Pioneer Gun Shop (Blair County)

I work in Altoona. So on my lunch breaks I have been checking out prices on a few of my soon to be new toys. Someone told me about PGS. I've worked in Altoona for 15 but never heard of it that I can remember. So I go over and walk around a little. Nice shop, the guys got old guns hanging from the ceiling, war artifacts, etc. I start asking him about the XD's and he points a board where they are hanging and says there they are. I ask how much the 9SC is and he looks at the tag and says $499. Any other gun shop and I'd had it in my cabbage collecters checking it out by now. I had to ask the guy if I could look at it and he acted like I was gonna grab it a run out of the store. Now I've got on a shirt, tie, dress pants, etc. So its not like I had a flat billed cap turned sideways with the crotch of my pants draggin on the ground. I left and don't plan on going back there any day soon.

Has anyone had any experiences there, its a nice shop but you never hear anything about it. Just curious.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Pioneer Gun Shop (Blair County)

I went in there looking for an XD45C when the first came out... the guy working let me check out the XD40 service they had, no real issues. I bought a box of 223 ammo and left. If you're looking for a good price on an XD in central PA check out J&E guns in Bellefonte $465 was the price last time I checked. Although their selection is not that big, they can order a lot of stuff in if you're willing to wait. I've purchased 3 guns from J&E and get a big thumbs up from me. have you checked lion country supply on 220? they had a few XD's when I was in there last time, I've acutally never bought anything there but they were very nice.

(Blair County)

wife and i went in there looking around she saw something in the case and asked to see it, the guy reached and pulled it out handing it to me not her we looked it over a little (very little,like ten seconds) handed it back and said have a nice day. wife walked out and i followed she says to me "I'm never going in there again" i didn't like the whole experience either i dont think we've been back since.
    I just flew the Millennium Falcon through the hole in your logic 2A6X1

stay out of Pioneer ..... why?
    how many stories do you want?
    .. of lying ...of gun switching " back when you had to wait 3 days"
    .... making the unaware folks buy things they didnt need .... but were told "it was the law"
    ........selling used guns as NEW
    ...... oh what else ..... geeze so many ...... forget customer service ...
    .... you would know how dishonest the guy was if ya knew HOW he got his start in the gun business ....... see if he'll tell ya about his old job at the auto parts store and what went on with that .......be warned tho .......... he aint goin like it

(Elk County)

Updating an old thread . . .

I've visited Pioneer off and on since the early 80s, but have purchased little there simply due to the attitude of Bob, the owner. For a time a couple-three years ago he had another guy in there by the name of "Rusty" and the pair of them were downright insulting to a couple customers. I recall two instances where I inspected a gun and had mentally decided to buy it, yet did not because of Bob or Rusty being ignorant. Customer service is not in Bob's vocabulary.

Last I was in there was last Fall, and Bob was speaking to a regular about selling out.

Noah

(Centre County)

Yeah, the owner of the place is a real dick, but then again a few years back his wife died then a couple days/weeks later his son was murdered.

Last fall when the ATF was checking up on all the local gun shops they found like 300+ guns missing off the books at Pioneer. Goes to show you what kind of business the gun runs.....
    Machinist for hire - Get a hold of me if you need something made

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclemoak View Post
    Yeah, the owner of the place is a real dick, but then again a few years back his wife died then a couple days/weeks later his son was murdered.

He's certainly suffered some personal hardships, but Bob was a dick well before the loss of his wife and son.

I was there one day the week the ATFE was going over his books. I didn't buy anything, but I have never seen him so humble and subdued.

Noah

(Cumberland County)

I was in there just a couple of day ago, and I can confirm that the owner's demeanor hasn't improved any - I won't go back again.

(Blair County)

His ammo prices are rediculous(even by todays standards)! He is only open fri,sat and sun!

(Blair County)

Last fall when the ATF was checking up on all the local gun shops they found like 300+ guns missing off the books at Pioneer. Goes to show you what kind of business the gun runs.....[/QUOTE]

I find that hard to believe. Wouldn't they close him up? Bob's not pc and that's what I like about him. I've bought more guns off him then I can count he is a stand up guy. If your looking for a new freind you might want to go else where if your looking to buy a gun see Bob.
    REPUBLICAN... because not everyone can be on welfare.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast