Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Bedford County)

Default Re: Pioneer Gun Shop (Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Edg View Post
    Thats what salesman do. I love the posts here, reading this thread again today its obvious the people angered feel they are special and should be treated a certain way. 99% of businesses do this and kiss your ass to sell you stuff. Its refreshing to me (as a pretty moody mfer myself) to see a guy doing what he wants with a take it or leave it attitude.
    Maybe you would catch more flies with honey.....but who the fuck wants flys buzzing around their shop. Maybe he is making enough money and doesnt want the extra work or dealing with a bunch of needy f#$#@ers.

In fact Im headed over there now, because as great as some of the other shops are supposed to be I cant find a plain old black webbed military rifle sling....bet he has one.
    I don't expect someone to polish my knob but he's a real as$%ole! He's all yours buddy!!
    <a href=http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehosting/2175485722f4a1b35.jpg target=_blank>http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehost...722f4a1b35.jpg</a>

"A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys." ~ Charlton Heston, 1997

(Cambria County)

I wanted to buy a gun and he told me he was only open 15 more minutes,fuck him and his business.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    I was there one day the week the ATFE was going over his books. I didn't buy anything, but I have never seen him so humble and subdued.

Noah
    Noah: Having been the object of several ATFE inspections; there is nothing like a federal agency anal probe to give a guy IBS. Even if you aren't doing anything wrong.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    Noah: Having been the object of several ATFE inspections; there is nothing like a federal agency anal probe to give a guy IBS. Even if you aren't doing anything wrong.
    Bob told me the ATF was on their 2nd week there the day I stopped in, and was going back 20 years. Bob told me ATF found nearly 100 guns in 20 years that Bob could not account for. Apparently he eventually did account for them, because he's still open.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Westmoreland County)

Yes, unless there is evidence of intentional vilolation of the regs, the ATF guys are usualy pretty good about letting you clear up your paperwork errors. This could be especialy the case if the inspectors hadn't been at Bobs in quite a few years. Judging by the posts they hadn't.

Appearently he fixed his issues as he is still in business, but you can lay money on the fact that ATF bitch-slapped him around on his inspection report. They did on my last one and I had no serious issues. Thank you Pete Rubus, RIP.

(Bedford County)

HEY CUZ. YOU KNOW THE ONLY SHOP I HAD ISSUES IS THAT LIEING EAST COAST GUN SALES. I AINT SAYING NO MORE!. YOU NEVER SHOWED ME THIS OTHER SHOP,BUT I WOULD LIKE TO CHECK IT OUT.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by K-DOGG View Post
    HEY CUZ. YOU KNOW THE ONLY SHOP I HAD ISSUES IS THAT LIEING EAST COAST GUN SALES. I AINT SAYING NO MORE!. YOU NEVER SHOWED ME THIS OTHER SHOP,BUT I WOULD LIKE TO CHECK IT OUT.
    Machinist for hire - Get a hold of me if you need something made

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by K-DOGG View Post
    Your on your own ~ I won't set foot in that place again!

+1 on what unclemoak said ^^
    <a href=http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehosting/2175485722f4a1b35.jpg target=_blank>http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehost...722f4a1b35.jpg</a>

"A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys." ~ Charlton Heston, 1997

(Centre County)

I've heard pretty much everything that people on here are saying about the owner of Pioneer gun shop before. I was in there for the first time recently just to check it out. I was amazed at his selection of new and old firearms. The first person I met in the shop was the owner, and from what I gather from here his name is Bob. He was with another customer and told me he'd be with me as soon as he was done with "this guy". I said no rush sir and continued to look around. I spotted what I've been looking for forever and continued to browse. Bob finished up with his customer and asked me if I wanted to finger anything up and I said yes sir there is one on the other side I'm interested in but I wanted to look some more. By the time I made it back to the case I was interested in Bob's nephew was out from the back and I dealt with him from then on out. Ended up looking at and buying a stainless Ruger new model single six. It was used but from what I can see it wasn't fired much with the mag cylinder and never fired with the LR cylinder. It was filthy but I've bought new guns that were worse. Told him id take it and he went into the back to get the box. We started the paperwork and I mentioned I've heard the guys in here are assholes. I also said they seemed ok to me. (One of the good things I got out of my divorce, the ability to speak my mine without worrying about the consequences.) The nephew explained to me that they get lots of people in there that want to handle everything, consume lots of their time and walk out without buying anything at all. I get that all the time where I work so I completely understand where they're coming from. All in all I had a good experience there and will most likely go back. I've been in a lot of gun shops, I've only had bad experiences at East Coast Gun Sales. Both times I bought guns there the guys I was dealing with acted like I was being a pain in the ass. Both times I was there I found what I wanted on their website, called to make sure it was in stock and drove an hour to the shop. Both times the guy i was dealing with acted like I was being a pain in the ass. First time I bought a Hi point 995 and the second time I bought a Mossberg 835. Both times the guy I dealt with sucked his teeth like I was bugging him all day and asking him all kinds of questions. The most I said to him was hi as I walked past him to browse. I like Riggles Gap gun shop, Dick is a hell of a nice guy although some of his prices are a tad high. Most of my guns have come from Belding and Mull. Gary is great to deal with and I have all my ffl transfers done there.
    Last edited by Rampage16801; February 21st, 2011 at 05:04 PM.

(Cambria County)

you know i get it that they dont like looky loo's there but any business owner that doesnt like people who look and dont buy should find another line of business. I like Pioneer, and riggles gap, and usually if i am there its because i want to buy something, but its that attitude and prices that send me somewhere else first to see if they have want i want before i go to either of those.

And yes East coast is about the worst place there is. The guys there know about as much as my wife about what they are selling and there are always 66 guys working there and no one to ring you up so you can get out the door. Truth is the good prices is the only reason anyone goes there.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast