Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Moving Out Of State

I'm a PA resident with a permit to carry. I'll be moving to NJ and my question is...will my permit be of any use, any longer, any where?
    Or will it be rendered invalid because of moving out of the state that issued the permit. Must I have valid state ID from the state that issued the CCW or is the permit valid until it's expiration date regardless of my state of residency? I know the permit is good for five years, but does that time frame evaporate if I move out of state??
    Whats the procedure for transferring the permit to NJ? I know that state is anti-gun, but can the permit help when applyingfor a NJ permit?
    ED

Default Re: Moving Out Of State

Quote Originally Posted by Stingerrig View Post
    I'm a PA resident with a permit to carry. I'll be moving to NJ and my question is...will my permit be of any use, any longer, any where?
    Or will it be rendered invalid because of moving out of the state that issued the permit. Must I have valid state ID from the state that issued the CCW or is the permit valid until it's expiration date regardless of my state of residency? I know the permit is good for five years, but does that time frame evaporate if I move out of state??
    Whats the procedure for transferring the permit to NJ? I know that state is anti-gun, but can the permit help when applyingfor a NJ permit?
    ED
    I have my PA LTCF and now live in WI. To my understanding it is still a valid permit until it expires then you have apply as a non resident. If I am wrong, somebody please correct me.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Moving Out Of State

I believe that your permit is in no way good in New Jersey. They do not except PA LTCF in New Jersey. As for it still being good in PA I will let somebody else handle that.