Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Question Abington Gun Sports?

Thinking about taking a trip out there this weekend pick up a few Christmas goodies for the family! Anybody have any personal experience with this place? I am into any classic/antique lever actions, revolvers, and anything unique and fun to shoot. Any other recommendations for near Philadelphia and the burbs would be great.

Thanks!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Abington Gun Sports?

i've purchased a couple of rifles and pistols from abington gun sports but i think their prices are a little high. they do have a decent selection of pistols and rifles but not much in the way of antiques or lever actions. still it's a decent shop to check out and the foks that run it are good people. i stop by from time to time just to chat with the owner and his employees.

another great shop to checkout is surplus city guns on bustleton pike in feasterville. they have some really nice original colt 1911's from the 50's that are NIB with original box. kind of expensive at 1295 but worth it for those into 1911's and you'll probably never see these pistols in this condition again. they also sell a bunch of C&R type rifles and pistols.

(Montgomery County)

I live 2 minutes from Abington Gun Sports, have dealt with them many times.

My first experience was looking for a concealed carry weapon. Dale (former PSP), showed me semi-autos and snubs alike, pointing out pros and cons on both. Absolutely no pressure to buy, just good info.

Dale also researched an Ithica 12ga. inherited from my grandfather. He knows shottys, and knives.

I made a very fair trade-in for a sweet GP100 with the owner (Frank).

Frank was also a big help on my first Gunbroker transaction, and only charged me $35.00 for the deal. Classic Pistol wanted $50.00, and I'm a member!

They also matched Tanner's price for my son on a M&P that Tanner was out of stock on. They will work with you.

Honest guys, have time to shoot the s**t with you, a good stop!

(Delaware County)

I love those guys! To date one of the funniest things I've ever seen happened there. Immediatly before I arrived at the shop the cell phone store next door got robbed and the guy got away, the guys in the store were shitting themselves because they missed their "big chance" to crime-fight! When they finally realized the store had been robbed the one guy runs out the door and trips over the fat-ass golden retriever that was asleep on the doormat! Oh my god they were so excited, I felt like the song "Glory Days" should have been playing in the backround! Anyway, yes, good guys.
    "Things have taken a turn for the surreal." - Capt. John Miller