Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Allegheny County

I've recently re-entered the Deer hunting population and I am looking for places to hunt in Allegheny County. I have access to private land in Washington county but I am looking for places to go to close to home when I get off work. I've noticed a lot of vehicles parked on Nike Site Rd in Collier (where I live) around the Army base but I'm not sure if this is public or private. I've checked some maps with no success. Anyone have any suggestions? I know no one wants to give up their secret spot, but any info would be appreciated and welcomed!! Thanks.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Allegheny County

Quote Originally Posted by tlh View Post
    I've recently re-entered the Deer hunting population and I am looking for places to hunt in Allegheny County. I have access to private land in Washington county but I am looking for places to go to close to home when I get off work. I've noticed a lot of vehicles parked on Nike Site Rd in Collier (where I live) around the Army base but I'm not sure if this is public or private. I've checked some maps with no success. Anyone have any suggestions? I know no one wants to give up their secret spot, but any info would be appreciated and welcomed!! Thanks.
    I've hunted off Nike Site hill before, it is posted towards the top part of the hill but not the bottom part. I believe part of the property may be military owned but the rest should be township property. I use to hunt all that property all the way to Carnegie, haven't done so lately, haven't hunted in a few years. There is actually quite a bit of property out there to hunt on. Have you checked out the property behing the pipe company. Use to be pretty decent down there. It's been a while but there is alot of property out there still.

(Allegheny County)

I'm active duty military in PA and made some inquiries about the Nike Site property but no one in the state that I've talked to had any definitive answers about ownership. I haven't checked the property behind the pipe company (I'm assuming your referencing the one on the corner of Noblestown and Gregg Station Rd) but thanks for the tip.

(Allegheny County)

Yep the pipe company in Gregg Station. I believe from being in the woods behind the Nike Site there is fence to indicated the end of the base. I have hunted those woods since I was in high school and never heard anything about not being able to hunt there. As I said before, I know the top part of the hill is posted but not the bottom half. I have never seen any signs other than those right near the road.

The property opposite Gregg Station Road near the pipe company I was told was the back half of Settlers Cabin Park. I have hunted (years ago) the property above federal firearms also without issue.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely go out and take a look around. Thanks again.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by FFEMT128 View Post
    I've hunted off Nike Site hill before, it is posted towards the top part of the hill but not the bottom part. I believe part of the property may be military owned but the rest should be township property. I use to hunt all that property all the way to Carnegie, haven't done so lately, haven't hunted in a few years. There is actually quite a bit of property out there to hunt on. Have you checked out the property behing the pipe company. Use to be pretty decent down there. It's been a while but there is alot of property out there still.
    I've hunted the bottoms (below the Nike site and behind the pipe company) myself quite a few years ago.

A good friend of mine lives in Rennerdale and used to be a councilman for Collier. I'll email him and see if he is aware of any restrictions on hunting that area

27hand