Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default Lee-Enfield's no good for terrorism

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Lee-Enfield's no good for terrorism

Out-dated, yeah, but still good enough to be effective in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing.

(Lancaster County)

IIRC most police style bullet proof vests are only effective against handgun rds...not rifle rounds. But I would have to side with cowering Enfield carrying cop. I'm not sticking my head out with a bolt action rifle against an automatic AK fire! From some of the pictures I've seen, at least some of their forces were carrying sweet looking FALs. Although I would bet they are military issued.

We could train these guys but then what happens? They turn on us! The Mumbai attackers were trained by former Pakistani military officers. Where do you think they got their training?

After reading this, I have changed my opinion of the cowering cops. http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/407...fire-back.html
    Last edited by wizzegun; December 5th, 2008 at 11:55 AM.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by wizzegun View Post
    IIRC most police style bullet proof vests are only effective against handgun rds...not rifle rounds. But I would have to side with cowering Enfield carrying cop. I'm not sticking my head out with a bolt action rifle against an automatic AK fire! From some of the pictures I've seen, at least some of their forces were carrying sweet looking FALs. Although I would bet they are military issued.

We could train these guys but then what happens? They turn on us! The Mumbai attackers were trained by former Pakistani military officers. Where do you think they got their training?
    Bold is added by me.

I would also take cover. I would also know that my .303 would have better range and accuracy so would retreat to cover that would allow me to use the advantages of my rifle on the fucktard who was "highly trained" spray and pray firing. It's all about knowing the strengths that your firearm has and using them effectively.

As to the bolded section, that is a discussion for another thread. I believe we have pounded that more than a cheap whore in a South American port town.

(Lancaster County)

After reading the article, and ASSUMING it's half-way correct, it appeared the reporter was running around yelling at the police to fire back. I agree that tactics obviously were not an Indian strong point. You are at a train station with distances to take advantage of the .303 caliber. Although if their ammo is of the same quality as Pakistani .303, I wouldn't trust it either.

(Jefferson County)

From what I understand, most of the police refused to use the weapons they had. A .303 Brit still packs a punch, and a half decent shot would put most people in their place.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    From what I understand, most of the police refused to use the weapons they had. A .303 Brit still packs a punch, and a half decent shot would put most people in their place.
    That was my understanding too. Not that they were outmatched, but that they did not know how to properly employ the weaponry they had. A .303 is not the type of weapon you pop around a corner and take a quick shot with. I think they did not know how to employ the force they had available and thus remained behind cover.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by wizzegun View Post
    After reading the article, and ASSUMING it's half-way correct, it appeared the reporter was running around yelling at the police to fire back. I agree that tactics obviously were not an Indian strong point. You are at a train station with distances to take advantage of the .303 caliber. Although if their ammo is of the same quality as Pakistani .303, I wouldn't trust it either.
    The reporter also referred to the Enfield as a "self-loading rifle" so yeah, I dunno whether that's a safe assumption or not.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene V. Debs View Post
    The reporter also referred to the Enfield as a "self-loading rifle" so yeah, I dunno whether that's a safe assumption or not.
    Where can I pick up one of them?

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    That was my understanding too. Not that they were outmatched, but that they did not know how to properly employ the weaponry they had. A .303 is not the type of weapon you pop around a corner and take a quick shot with. I think they did not know how to employ the force they had available and thus remained behind cover.
    Exactly , I have one and had they been properly trained they could
    have sat back and waited for one of these assholes to pop up , end
    of story !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"