Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Reading, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,654
    Rep Power
    21474841

    Default Texas GOP Amendment Would Stop Democrats Winning Any State Election

    I think we need this, badly. It would end idiot rule on country folk.

    https://www.newsweek.com/texas-gop-a...ection-1904988

    The Republican Party of Texas has voted on a policy proposal that would require any candidate for statewide office to win in a majority of the state's 254 counties to secure election, effectively preventing Democrats from winning statewide positions based on the current distribution of their support.

    Democratic voters in Texas are heavily disproportionately concentrated in a handful of major cities which only constitute a small number of counties, while Republicans dominate most of the more sparsely populated rural counties.

    On Saturday, Texas Republicans voted on a range of policy proposals at the party's biannual conference which took place from May 23-25 in San Antonio. Once these votes have been counted, the official Texas state Republican policy platform is expected to be revealed later this week.

    In November 2022, Texas's Republican Gov. Greg Abbott secured reelection with 54.8 percent of the vote against 43.9 percent for Democratic challenger Beto O'Rourke. However, due to the concentration of O'Rourke's support in cities such as Dallas, Houston and Austin he only secured a majority in 19 of the state's 254 counties.
    iAnal

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    11,964
    Rep Power
    21474859

    Default Re: Texas GOP Amendment Would Stop Democrats Winning Any State Election

    An electoral college system at the state level. I've been suggesting this for a few years now but my idea has not been well received.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Milmont Park, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,642
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Texas GOP Amendment Would Stop Democrats Winning Any State Election

    No. I don*t like the idea of suppressing anyone*s vote. Be it Republican or Democrat.
    Donít like me ???? Tough, I donít give a flying f@@k about ya.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    On a hilltop, Pennsylvania
    (Bradford County)
    Posts
    513
    Rep Power
    21474840

    Default Re: Texas GOP Amendment Would Stop Democrats Winning Any State Election

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    No. I don*t like the idea of suppressing anyone*s vote. Be it Republican or Democrat.
    I don't think this is a good idea either. Just like the lawfare being used against Trump, this is something I guarantee will circle round and bite R's in the ass.

    These reps never think beyond their own reelections.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ercildoun, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    5,596
    Rep Power
    21474853

    Default Re: Texas GOP Amendment Would Stop Democrats Winning Any State Election

    Only you can prevent communism.
    Diversity is the greatest weakness, excellence is the greatest strength. JPC

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Reading, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,654
    Rep Power
    21474841

    Default Re: Texas GOP Amendment Would Stop Democrats Winning Any State Election

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    No. I don*t like the idea of suppressing anyone*s vote. Be it Republican or Democrat.
    It's not vote suppressing. It's enhancing votes for people in under-represented regions. It prevents majority rule when majority supports communism.
    iAnal

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Richboro, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    3,142
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: Texas GOP Amendment Would Stop Democrats Winning Any State Election

    Politicians should stop jerking off to just to give their fringe a hard on......

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DeepInTheWoods, Pennsylvania
    (Warren County)
    Posts
    2,455
    Rep Power
    21474854

    Default Re: Texas GOP Amendment Would Stop Democrats Winning Any State Election

    Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    I think we need this, badly. It would end idiot rule on country folk.

    https://www.newsweek.com/texas-gop-a...ection-1904988

    The Republican Party of Texas has voted on a policy proposal that would require any candidate for statewide office to win in a majority of the state's 254 counties to secure election, effectively preventing Democrats from winning statewide positions based on the current distribution of their support.

    Democratic voters in Texas are heavily disproportionately concentrated in a handful of major cities which only constitute a small number of counties, while Republicans dominate most of the more sparsely populated rural counties.

    On Saturday, Texas Republicans voted on a range of policy proposals at the party's biannual conference which took place from May 23-25 in San Antonio. Once these votes have been counted, the official Texas state Republican policy platform is expected to be revealed later this week.

    In November 2022, Texas's Republican Gov. Greg Abbott secured reelection with 54.8 percent of the vote against 43.9 percent for Democratic challenger Beto O'Rourke. However, due to the concentration of O'Rourke's support in cities such as Dallas, Houston and Austin he only secured a majority in 19 of the state's 254 counties.

    I'm for it. A Republic, not tyranny by 51% of the population.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    somewhere, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    635
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Texas GOP Amendment Would Stop Democrats Winning Any State Election

    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    An electoral college system at the state level. I've been suggesting this for a few years now but my idea has not been well received.
    I'm for it. City rule is mob rule. If you can't win the rural areas, you shouldn't be governing them.

    We are a Republic, not a Democracy. This helps protect all interests rather than just the 51%.
    I am not a lawyer.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •