Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Texas GOP Amendment Would Stop Democrats Winning Any State Election

I think we need this, badly. It would end idiot rule on country folk.

https://www.newsweek.com/texas-gop-a...ection-1904988

The Republican Party of Texas has voted on a policy proposal that would require any candidate for statewide office to win in a majority of the state's 254 counties to secure election, effectively preventing Democrats from winning statewide positions based on the current distribution of their support.

Democratic voters in Texas are heavily disproportionately concentrated in a handful of major cities which only constitute a small number of counties, while Republicans dominate most of the more sparsely populated rural counties.

On Saturday, Texas Republicans voted on a range of policy proposals at the party's biannual conference which took place from May 23-25 in San Antonio. Once these votes have been counted, the official Texas state Republican policy platform is expected to be revealed later this week.

In November 2022, Texas's Republican Gov. Greg Abbott secured reelection with 54.8 percent of the vote against 43.9 percent for Democratic challenger Beto O'Rourke. However, due to the concentration of O'Rourke's support in cities such as Dallas, Houston and Austin he only secured a majority in 19 of the state's 254 counties.
    iAnal

(Berks County)

Default Re: Texas GOP Amendment Would Stop Democrats Winning Any State Election

An electoral college system at the state level. I've been suggesting this for a few years now but my idea has not been well received.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

No. I don*t like the idea of suppressing anyone*s vote. Be it Republican or Democrat.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Bradford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    No. I don*t like the idea of suppressing anyone*s vote. Be it Republican or Democrat.
    I don't think this is a good idea either. Just like the lawfare being used against Trump, this is something I guarantee will circle round and bite R's in the ass.

These reps never think beyond their own reelections.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Chester County)

Only you can prevent communism.
    Diversity is the greatest weakness, excellence is the greatest strength. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    It's not vote suppressing. It's enhancing votes for people in under-represented regions. It prevents majority rule when majority supports communism.
    iAnal

(Bucks County)

Politicians should stop jerking off to just to give their fringe a hard on......

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    I think we need this, badly. It would end idiot rule on country folk.

https://www.newsweek.com/texas-gop-a...ection-1904988

The Republican Party of Texas has voted on a policy proposal that would require any candidate for statewide office to win in a majority of the state's 254 counties to secure election, effectively preventing Democrats from winning statewide positions based on the current distribution of their support.

Democratic voters in Texas are heavily disproportionately concentrated in a handful of major cities which only constitute a small number of counties, while Republicans dominate most of the more sparsely populated rural counties.

On Saturday, Texas Republicans voted on a range of policy proposals at the party's biannual conference which took place from May 23-25 in San Antonio. Once these votes have been counted, the official Texas state Republican policy platform is expected to be revealed later this week.

In November 2022, Texas's Republican Gov. Greg Abbott secured reelection with 54.8 percent of the vote against 43.9 percent for Democratic challenger Beto O'Rourke. However, due to the concentration of O'Rourke's support in cities such as Dallas, Houston and Austin he only secured a majority in 19 of the state's 254 counties.

I'm for it. A Republic, not tyranny by 51% of the population.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    An electoral college system at the state level. I've been suggesting this for a few years now but my idea has not been well received.
    I'm for it. City rule is mob rule. If you can't win the rural areas, you shouldn't be governing them.

We are a Republic, not a Democracy. This helps protect all interests rather than just the 51%.
    I am not a lawyer.