Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Amero to become USA’s new currency when dollar collapses

Original Article (fyi this is from a russian site)

Pictures of the new currency that will supposedly replace the US dollar have appeared on the Russian Internet. The United States is reportedly working on the new currency, the amero, which will be common for the USA, Mexico and Canada. The unstable financial situation in the world, the collapsing oil prices and the growing foreign debt of the United States may eventually crush the US dollar as the world’s major currency. Needless to say that the US authorities reject the rumors and promise to keep the dollar afloat.

Amero notes have no portraits of US presidents on them and resemble the Belarussian rubles. For example, there is an image of a deer depicted on a 50-amero note, whereas a picture of a pyramid of Mexican Indians can be seen on a 100-amero note.

The amero follows the model of the European Union and its euro. It brings up the idea that the new currency can be adopted by the USA, Canada and Mexico within the scope of the North American Union, which the Bush administration established in 2005 under the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America (SPP).

On April 6, 2005, the US Treasury announced the formation of the Financial Services Working Group to assist in the SPP’s ‘prosperity’ plans. According to its own press release, the US Treasury’s Financial Services Working Group said it “will play a critical role in the SPP.”

Conspiracy theorists contend that the governments of the United States, Canada, and Mexico are already taking steps to implement such a currency, as part of a "North American Union (NAU)" No current members of any country's government have officially stated a desire to create such a body, nor introduce a common currency.

The idea for a North American currency union was first proposed in 1999 by Canadian economist Herbert G. Grubel. A senior fellow of the conservative Fraser Institute think-tank, he published a book titled The Case for the Amero in September 1999, the year that the euro became a virtual currency. Another Canadian think-tank, the C.D. Howe Institute, advocates the creation of a shared currency between Canada and the United States .

After the report came out, center-left nationalist groups in Canada expressed their opposition to any currency union because they view it as an attempt by American businesses to gain access to Canada 's extensive natural resources while dismantling the nation's social services. The 100,000 member strong Council of Canadians, a progressive advocacy group, has declared one of its central issues to be the threat of "deep integration".

Dr. Robert Pastor, in a 2001 book, suggested a common currency should be a foundation of "macro economic cooperation" among the three NAFTA countries. However, the 2005 Independent Task Force on North America, which he chaired, did not recommend a common currency, nor does Pastor in the section for additional and dissenting views suggest a common currency should be a goal.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! " - Patrick Henry

(Potter County)

Default Re: Amero to become USA’s new currency when dollar collapses

AAAHHH , yes the start of the fall of western world .

(Philadelphia County)

This has been around for a while, some sites even offer novelty Amero coins for sale, but

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/amero.asp

(Monroe County)

I find it hard to believe that we would join with Mexico... I can see us joining with countries like Canada, Puerto Rico (are they even a country?) and several of the Caribbean island nations... but I can't see us okaying Mexico... although it would explain the complete lack of immigration law enforcement...
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I find it hard to believe that we would join with Mexico... I can see us joining with countries like Canada, Puerto Rico (are they even a country?) and several of the Caribbean island nations... but I can't see us okaying Mexico... although it would explain the complete lack of immigration law enforcement...
    Indeed. They might even try to sell the Castros that this is in some way the dream of Che Guevara's realized. In addition the constitution is completely circumvented by NAU laws and no one would be able to convince me otherwise.
    Last edited by archangel689; December 3rd, 2008 at 12:29 AM.

(Bucks County)

Puerto Rico (are they even a country?)
    They are part of the US. Peurto Ricans are US Citizens. Makes it pretty funny when you hear people tell Peurto Ricans to go back to their own country.

(Dauphin County)

The lax immigration enforcement is just one piece of the puzzle. The 1965 immigration act gave preferential treatment to Mexican and Latin Americans while effectively halting European immigration. The 1986 Amnesty Act gave a free pass to millions, mostly Mexican. According to census data, the majority of legal immigrants are of Mexican descent. Therefore it would make perfect sense to merge Mexico with our Former USA, take a good look around you, everywhere you go the signs and forms and packaging are slowly becoming bi-lingual. Ask yourself why we need spanish language signs and forms if only 13% of the population is hispanic and they supposedly passed an english proficiency test to become a naturalized citizen in the first place?

All we would need is some kind of major economic crisis where the US Dollar loses a lot of it's value, the stock market plummets, huge corporations go bankrupt, our 401K savings are all but wiped out, and confidence in the dollar is at an all time low.

When the US Dollar ceases to be the reserve currency of world trade, that's when everything you and I own will be as worthless as a peso. The government will come to the rescue by bringing together the North American Union just like the EU, and roll out a "new" reserve currency to replace the now-worthless dollar. (Amero anyone?)

Maybe that's the "CHANGE" that our new president was talking about?

(Bucks County)

lol is there really not one internet conspiracy theory some of you would not believe? I mean really! Any common sense left here or are we just all as bad as the Arabs blaming the Jews for everything including pimples on their asses?

Does anybody remember when they came out with the new $100 bill and they first announced that by a certain date all old ones must be turned in? Anybody remember how that worked out? Anybody remember learning back then that there are tons more $100 bills outside the US than in?

No? How about this: the Russian Internet? For F sake, no hint there? Really? God love you all.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    lol is there really not one internet conspiracy theory some of you would not believe? I mean really! Any common sense left here or are we just all as bad as the Arabs blaming the Jews for everything including pimples on their asses?

Does anybody remember when they came out with the new $100 bill and they first announced that by a certain date all old ones must be turned in? Anybody remember how that worked out? Anybody remember learning back then that there are tons more $100 bills outside the US than in?

No? How about this: the Russian Internet? For F sake, no hint there? Really? God love you all.
    I agree... some are far fetched... hell the concept that the Dollar would be worth less than the Canadian dollar was a joke 5 years ago... and now?

What is scary is a lot of these "conspiracy theories" have solid roots and are plausiable, things like the 9/11 attack, The Amero, the NAU... all of them have a LOT of proof backing them up and not much saying "this is where it can be disproven".
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lehigh County)

I could see having some sort of union between Canada and the US may be somehow be accepted by a large portion of the US. I could see in the next 100 years it may become fate...

But Mexico?

Heck we even eliminated travel between Canada and the US without a passport (which was unique in the world)..

But who knows what will happen in the next 50, 100 or 200 years. I'm really starting to think we need to dump a trillion dollars into space travel and get the hell off this rock lol..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast