Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Oaks Gun Show leads to numerous trafficking arrests

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I took it a little differently. I thought he was being sarcastic and not too optimistic that they would do anything but they'll try to
    deny veterans their rights to own guns. Maybe I got it wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    That's how I took the post, too.

Noah
    I must have missed the sarcasm. Like I said, it appeared to me to be a positive story focusing on those making the gun community look bad. Had nothing to do with any other issues. But since I asked *Is this okay with yous guys?* I should have expected difference of opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I must have missed the sarcasm. Like I said, it appeared to me to be a positive story focusing on those making the gun community look bad. Had nothing to do with any other issues. But since I asked *Is this okay with yous guys?* I should have expected difference of opinions.
    I guess it is better to more strictly enforce existing gun control against the criminal element then to impose any new additional infringements against the rest of the citizenry.

Does gun control keep the criminal element from getting guns? I am sure you can confirm that you see plenty of armed criminals despite a lot of existing gun control.

The straw men in these investigations are clearly low hanging fruit. In other words, they PROBABLY purchased the firearms to fuel an addiction etc....I won't get into the fact that drugs are bad. They aren't prosecutions that are going to get an investigator or a prosecutor gold stars. Chances are the federal prosecutors would decline prosecution. It would be ideal to have them cooperate with law enforcement to successfully prosecute the person(s) who were paying for the firearms. The people who were selling them to shooters etc... I believe it should then be the goal of the prosecution to AT A MINIMUM have the straw men plead guilty to a crime that would make them prohibited from purchasing in the future. Sadly the list of those willing to be a straw man is long.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mosinshooter762 View Post
    I guess it is better to more strictly enforce existing gun control against the criminal element then to impose any new additional infringements against the rest of the citizenry.

Does gun control keep the criminal element from getting guns? I am sure you can confirm that you see plenty of armed criminals despite a lot of existing gun control.
    Absolutely. We have enough gun laws. We don*t need anymore. Just enforce the ones we have. All of the proposed ones, mainly affect law abiding gun owners. The reason why existing laws aren*t effective, especially in Philadelphia, is because the DA refuses to prosecute minority offenders. They are shooting and killing each other left and right and he continues to blame the gun, instead of the person behind the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    The straw men in these investigations are clearly low hanging fruit. In other words, they PROBABLY purchased the firearms to fuel an addiction etc....I won't get into the fact that drugs are bad. They aren't prosecutions that are going to get an investigator or a prosecutor gold stars. Chances are the federal prosecutors would decline prosecution. It would be ideal to have them cooperate with law enforcement to successfully prosecute the person(s) who were paying for the firearms. The people who were selling them to shooters etc... I believe it should then be the goal of the prosecution to AT A MINIMUM have the straw men plead guilty to a crime that would make them prohibited from purchasing in the future. Sadly the list of those willing to be a straw man is long.
    Straw man purchases are taken very seriously. They will all do time, every single one of them. A few years ago a Police officer was murdered in Montgomery County by a straw purchase gun. After that the SHTF and now it is taken as a very serious crime.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

but remember folks, obama can traffic guns to the cartel, said cartel can kill border agents and its all copasetic
    Owner of EMac's Tactical - www.emacstactical.com

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neo31rex31 View Post
    but remember folks, obama can traffic guns to the cartel, said cartel can kill border agents and its all copasetic
    Hussein could have been in one of those movies...
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Bucks County)

Absolutely. We have enough gun laws. We don*t need anymore. Just enforce the ones we have. All of the proposed ones, mainly affect law abiding gun owners. The reason why existing laws aren*t effective, especially in Philadelphia, is because the DA refuses to prosecute minority offenders. They are shooting and killing each other left and right and he continues to blame the gun, instead of the person behind the trigger.
    Well because then the DA can't refer bad folks to his defense atty buddies, who usually win because of shitty ADAs....you folks might need to investigate any rumors to these allegations...

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    Well because then the DA can't refer bad folks to his defense atty buddies, who usually win because of shitty ADAs....you folks might need to investigate any rumors to these allegations...
    Actually, that is not the case. Krasner is basically an extremely progressive Defense Attorney who has been elected to the top prosecutor spot in Philadelphia, who believes he is correcting the wrongs of the past. He is not concerned with lining the pockets of defense attorneys. He does not want to prosecute any criminal. The shenanigans he has played with the families of murder victims is insane. He is currently trying this with the family of the Temple Cop who was killed. The family is on the ball and has thwarted him at every attempt. Krasner has strung out the prosecution because he can*t figure out a loophole for the murderer. It is an almost airtight death penalty case and Krasner is trying to avoid that at all costs.

Krasner stripped the DA*s office of all experienced ADA*s when he started. He replaced them with progressives who believe in his philosophy. But since they are inexperienced, they are basically ineffective. They attempted to impeach him, but the Democrat politicians, including Shapiro, will not throw one of their own under the bus, no matter how much harm he is doing.

Actually, that is not the case. Krasner is basically an extremely progressive Defense Attorney who has been elected to the top prosecutor spot in Philadelphia, who believes he is correcting the wrongs of the past. He is not concerned with lining the pockets of defense attorneys. He does not want to prosecute any criminal. The shenanigans he has played with the families of murder victims is insane. He is currently trying this with the family of the Temple Cop who was killed. The family is on the ball and has thwarted him at every attempt. Krasner has strung out the prosecution because he can*t figure out a loophole for the murderer. It is an almost airtight death penalty case and Krasner is trying to avoid that at all costs.

Krasner stripped the DA*s office of all experienced ADA*s when he started. He replaced them with progressives who believe in his philosophy. But since they are inexperienced, they are basically ineffective. They attempted to impeach him, but the Democrat politicians, including Shapiro, will not throw one of their own under the bus, no matter how much harm he is doing.
    Maybe he should be run over by the bus.
    FJB

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast