Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: LTCF & Facial Recognition

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I see you more as a Gandolf character than rogue monk.
    I aspire to Saruman. Much bigger fan base, more minions, no OSHA meddling.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by tlnzz1 View Post
    Real ID for everyone no matter how they do it.
    Eh, no. Not the same at all.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    I listen to a police/fire scanner and when they run a driver's license the dispatcher also mentions that the individual has a license to carry when giving the info back.
    That is because that agency chose to query that file. Philadelphia's regular query includes NCIC, PCIC, BMV, LTCF, PFA, Scofflaw, CLEAN.
    Last edited by Carson; April 25th, 2024 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Forgot CLEAN

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Excommunicated View Post
    Went to the Delaware County Sherriff's Office to renew my LTCF the other day. When it came time to take the photograph, I sat tall in the seat ready to scowl on cue. The clerk asked me to lean forward, then asked me to lean forward some more. Now, my face is literally inches from the camera.

The picture on my old license was basically from the waist up, so I asked why I had to have my face in so close this time. He explained it's the new facial recognition software they're using. Great. So now, they have some sort of LTCF facial recognition database so wherever you go, the government will instantly know who you are and that you are likely conceal carry. Surely, this will never be used for un-Constitutional purposes...

In any case, the current processing time in Delco supposedly takes about two weeks after which you should receive a letter indicating the new license is ready for pick up.
    With all of the privacy issues attached to a LTCF, I am not sure if that photo would be in a database that could easily be accessed for other purposes.

There is a reason that everyone's driver's license has the same background. There is a reason that everyone's head is about the same size. There is a reason that when you get arrested and have your photo taken, everyone has the same background and everyone's head is the same size. There is a reason that passport photos use the same background and everyone's head is the same size.

This is from Title 18 Section 6109 relative to the issuance of licenses.

(3) The license to carry a firearm shall be designed to be uniform throughout this Commonwealth and shall be in a form prescribed by the Pennsylvania State Police. The license shall bear the following:
    (i) The name, address, date of birth, race, sex, citizenship, height, weight, color of hair, color of eyes and signature of the licensee.
    (ii) The signature of the sheriff issuing the license.
    (iii) A license number of which the first two numbers shall be a county location code followed by numbers issued in numerical sequence.
    (iv) The point-of-contact telephone number designated by the Pennsylvania State Police under subsection (l).
    (v) The reason for issuance.
    (vi) The period of validation.
    (4) The sheriff shall require a photograph of the licensee on the license. The photograph shall be in a form compatible with the Commonwealth Photo Imaging Network.

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    I listen to a police/fire scanner and when they run a driver's license the dispatcher also mentions that the individual has a license to carry when giving the info back.
    NCIC/CLEAN comes back with info about the licensee but doesn't show photos.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    There is a reason that everyone's head is about the same size. There is a reason that when you get arrested and have your photo taken, everyone has the same background and everyone's head is the same size. There is a reason that passport photos use the same background and everyone's head is the same size.
    But for adults, isn't everyone's head about the same size even if it isn't photographed? I mean, how much variation is there amongst normal adults?
    Last edited by free; April 25th, 2024 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Before, or after?
    Good one....
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    But for adults, isn't everyone's head about the same size even if it isn't photographed? I mean, how much variation is there amongst normal adults?
    Zoomed in with the camera to meet certain parameters.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Interestingly. I have to agree with free here. Just how big or small can a picture of your face be in the size basically of a postage stamp ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast