Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default 🤔Change made to antlerless deer license system

🦌 Pennsylvania deer hunters in 19 of the 22 Wildlife Management Units will be guaranteed the ability to get an antlerless deer license if they are purchased early in the process.

The Pennsylvania Game Commission is changing the timing to purchase an antlerless license in an attempt to cut down on customer lines and online delays similarly to what happened last year on the first day of license sales.

When general hunting licenses first go on sale at 8 a.m. June 24, hunters will only be able to apply for antlerless deer licenses in three Wildlife Management Units for the first three days.

The three WMUs are 1B in northwestern Pennsylvania with 37,000 antlerless licenses, 2G in northcentral part of the state with 37,000 antlerless licenses, which is 2,000 more than last year, and 3A on the northcentral border with New York with 21,000 antlerless tags. Those were the first areas to sell out last year. WMU 2G was the first and it took three days.

https://www.goerie.com/story/sports/...n/73305064007/

(Bradford County)

Default Re: 🤔Change made to antlerless deer license system

Well, it might work out. The online backlog last year was completely ridiculous. If they stagger it, the system may keep up.

However, I think if someone is buying their license in-person, they should be able to get their first antlerless tag right then and there regardless of WMU; nobody wants to make multiple trips if not necessary.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

Since I live in 1B and have a camp in 2G, the change has little to no effect on me. I generally apply for 2 DMAPS for camp, and a 1B as my "doe tag". I ended up with a 2G doe tag last year and 3 DMAP tags. Just as an FYI, I shot ZERO deer last year. I won't kill a doe until I have a buck on the ground and I never had a chance on anything I wanted to tag last year. Lots of out of range shooters. That's hunting....

(Lawrence County)

I'll be starting a new job next month, so I won't get vacation until next year, and even then it goes by seniority. So I doubt I'll even get a 2G tag for hunting at my buddy's camp for this year, probably just get a 1A tag and call it good. At least I can try and fill it in archery season locally.

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...