Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Help me find a .22 Pistol

Hey Folks,
    I'm in the market for a new .22 pistol. If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would save me a lot of google work.
    Here are the specs below I'm looking for right out of the box. Thanks!

MUST-Have Features:
    1. Fixed barrel, 3.25" or longer.
    2. Threaded Barrel
    3. DA/SA
    4. Adjustable sights
    5. Not a shit brand (Hi-point, Lorcin, SCCY, etc.)

Gravy:
    1. Optics-ready
    2. Suppressor-height sights
    3. 15rd mag or more
    4. Decocker

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Help me find a .22 Pistol

Sig P322 checks all these boxes and probably more. Mine has run great both suppressed and unsuppressed. Fun little gun.

Smit

(Bucks County)

Sig 322... No decocker but a manual safety... Its the only 22 pistol I shoot anymore

20 or 25 round mags

(Montgomery County)

Browning has a lot of different versions of the Buckmark. I've got a few different 22 handguns and the Buckmarks are pretty nice to shoot. There are also lots of aftermarket parts for them.
    Your web muscles do not frighten me.

(Centre County)

I might be able to help you with that and forgot to say that in my answer to your PM.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Philadelphia County)

the gravy really narrows it down to practically none with the decocker etc (maybe a 92 decocker 22lr?)

keltec p17 is fixed barrel and actually runs great - and mags are very cheap
    tx22 compact is great since you can put a full-size target upper on it and use fullsize tx22 mags and essentially get 2 versions of the gun for the price/ transfer of one

no experience with the sig BUT IMO that one will only make sense if they release a compact version with thinner grip than tx22c (the grip is way too thick for a compact!)
    i know you didnt ask but the ultimate 22 IMO would be a ruger MAX version of the lcpII 22lr - one with fiber optic sights and a double-stacked mag with 15+ capacity but same footprint-ish as lcpII, with threaded barrel option.
    that would be a great pocket carry/ plinker/ all-around gun.

the only thing better than that would be ruger mark IV (which runs like sewing machine) where someone or ruger DEVELOPS AN AFTERMARKET GRIP MODULE THAT TAKES A HIGH CAP MAG LIKE TX22 or KELTEC P17 MAG
    (the grip module or 'lower' is not the serialized part so I honestly think this can be done and could be sold on aftermarket with no FFL requirement)

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    the gravy really narrows it down to practically none with the decocker etc (maybe a 92 decocker 22lr?)

keltec p17 is fixed barrel and actually runs great - and mags are very cheap
    tx22 compact is great since you can put a full-size target upper on it and use fullsize tx22 mags and essentially get 2 versions of the gun for the price/ transfer of one

no experience with the sig BUT IMO that one will only make sense if they release a compact version with thinner grip than tx22c (the grip is way too thick for a compact!)
    i know you didnt ask but the ultimate 22 IMO would be a ruger MAX version of the lcpII 22lr - one with fiber optic sights and a double-stacked mag with 15+ capacity but same footprint-ish as lcpII, with threaded barrel option.
    that would be a great pocket carry/ plinker/ all-around gun.

the only thing better than that would be ruger mark IV (which runs like sewing machine) where someone or ruger DEVELOPS AN AFTERMARKET GRIP MODULE THAT TAKES A HIGH CAP MAG LIKE TX22 or KELTEC P17 MAG
    (the grip module or 'lower' is not the serialized part so I honestly think this can be done and could be sold on aftermarket with no FFL requirement)
    I own two Mk III which is why I haven't bought a Mk IV. If they offered a high cap version, I would buy one (maybe two) in a heartbeat.

(Washington County)

I'm a huge fan of the RUGER MARK IV 22/45 LITE 22 LR. Bought one for the rental range then gave one to my daughter for her to practice shooting. Designed to be suppressed. I use a TBAC Takedown 22 on it.

Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Washington County)

Consider the Taurus TX 22 Competition.
    Fortune fingers the fearless

(Beaver County)

The DA/SA is the real curveball spec, almost all modern semi auto .22s are SAO (even if they don*t have external hammer).

I think the only things that come close to your must haves are the Walther P22 or the Beretta M9 .22(I don*t know the exact model). However I don*t think either can take optics.

My Sig P322 has worked well for me. I have somewhere in the ball park of 800 rounds through mine, completely flawless except the few rounds that refused to go off (I usually have 2-3 other .22s with me that I*ll try the rounds in).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast