Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Ruger 10/22 charger

Been thinking about picking one up and doing a form 1, would be a pretty handy little 22 with a suppressor. Anyone here have one and how do you like it?
    Today was a good day!

(York County)

Default Re: Ruger 10/22 charger

I thought I'd like it a lot more than I do. It was cool at 1st I got one of the Talo editions and after the novelty wore off it's been sitting in the gun room since. I did like shooting it with my suppressor on it and using Remington subsonic ammo.
    Every day's a Saturday

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by edritchey View Post
    I thought I'd like it a lot more than I do. It was cool at 1st I got one of the Talo editions and after the novelty wore off it's been sitting in the gun room since. I did like shooting it with my suppressor on it and using Remington subsonic ammo.
    I hear ya, I have a handful of 22*s that I haven*t shot in years for the same reason. Been looking at one of the chargers or a regular 10/22 with a threaded barrel just for suppressed use. The takedowns models mainly, may just get a rifle to avoid the tax stamp.
    Today was a good day!

(Philadelphia County)

Get a stripped fletcher 11/22 receiver and build one.. way more fun. The fletcher has an optics rail machined in/ no disassembly for cleaning (22 is dirty) and you can grab a custom barrel length that makes standard rds subsonic.

For your intended use, IMO this is the way to go.

And yes, a quiet charger that can easily concealed or thrown in a bag is a great idea and great fun!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    Get a stripped fletcher 11/22 receiver and build one.. way more fun. The fletcher has an optics rail machined in/ no disassembly for cleaning (22 is dirty) and you can grab a custom barrel length that makes standard rds subsonic.

For your intended use, IMO this is the way to go.

And yes, a quiet charger that can easily concealed or thrown in a bag is a great idea and great fun!
    This isn*t something I want to sink a bunch of money into, the charger would be perfect if I want to go the sbr route. Pay for stamp and add stock for under 300.00 or just get the rifle and be done, decisions decisions.
    Today was a good day!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    This isn*t something I want to sink a bunch of money into, the charger would be perfect if I want to go the sbr route. Pay for stamp and add stock for under 300.00 or just get the rifle and be done, decisions decisions.
    Put the money into the gun not waste on a stamp... chargers are excellent cheek-weld gun, no stock or even brace needed, compact & bag-able

I have one and had it at camp this weekend with a SilencerCo Sparrow on the end shooting CCI Standard Velocity. It is a fun little pistol. The kids, ranging from 8 years old to 19 had a blast shooting it at some swingers.