Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Actress Angie Harmon's Dog Shot, Killed by Instacart Food Delivery Driver

Incident occurred in Charlotte, NC area. Driver — who has not been charged, claims dog attacked and he shot in self-defense. Apparently, the takeaway is...if having anything delivered, keep your dog in the house.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-shooting.html

Angie Harmon receives APOLOGY from Instacart after company's delivery person allegedly shot and KILLED one of her family dogs: 'We have no tolerance for violence'

The 51-year-old former Law & Order star revealed in an Instagram post on Monday that her dog Oliver had been killed by the shopper after they dropped off groceries to her home in Charlotte, North Carolina.

'This Easter weekend a man delivering groceries for Instacart shot & killed our precious Oliver,' she wrote, alongside several sweet photos of the deceased pet. 'He got out of his car, delivered the food & THEN shot our dog.'

In a statement provided to DailyMail.com, Instacart addressed Angie's claims - revealing that the delivery driver in question has been suspended from their role.

'We were deeply saddened and disturbed to hear about this incident. We have no tolerance for violence of any kind, and the shopper account was immediately suspended from our platform,' a spokesperson said.

'The investigation revealed that a delivery driver arrived at the residence to deliver consumable goods. The driver told officers that a dog attacked him while he was at the residence and that he defended himself by firing a single gunshot, striking and mortally wounding the dog,' police said. 'Another dog was present at the residence but did not attack.'

They added that the department's Animal Control division was also involved in the response to the shooting, but the department confirmed that no charges had been filed against the driver at this time.

The police department added that it was not seeking out any other individuals in response to the shooting.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Actress Angie Harmon's Dog Shot, Killed by Instacart Food Delivery Driver

There's a lot of grief given to anyone who shoots dogs, but, can you be 100% sure that any dog charging toward you is not a safety threat? Well, unless it's like a 2 pound chihuahua.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Actress Angie Harmon's Dog Shot, Killed by Instacart Food Delivery Driver

Quote Originally Posted by Excommunicated View Post
    Incident occurred in Charlotte, NC area. Driver — who has not been charged, claims dog attacked and he shot in self-defense. Apparently, the takeaway is...if having anything delivered, keep your dog in the house.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-shooting.html

tenor_gif3688744311540162308.jpg

(Bucks County)

I don't know who's at fault here, but I don't do any food delivery services because I don't want extra people handling my food or on my property. Maybe she'll drive to the store herself next time. Or is she too rich and famous to do that?

We're eventually going to regret using marginal scumbags for all the Uber rides & food delivery jobs.

I understand the dynamic, nobody wants to subsidize $30/hour for vetted, sane, smart people to drive food or people around.

But wait until terrorists realize they can poison food and hand it to the victims, or mystery diseases spread because near-homeless drivers are eating parts of the food & finger-fucking the sandwiches, or kids start disappearing because their Uber driver drove into a warehouse where his buddies were waiting.

Trust is earned. We're handing it out like an entitlement. And we recently imported literally millions of unvetted foreign vermin, any one of whom could be carrying the next plague.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_010 View Post
    I don't know who's at fault here, but I don't do any food delivery services because I don't want extra people handling my food or on my property. Maybe she'll drive to the store herself next time. Or is she too rich and famous to do that?
    What does being rich have to do with getting food delivered? Some people don't want to deal with the usual assholes that frequent the grocery store. Some don't want to deal with the lack of cashiers or open registers that force them to stand in long lines waiting for people to process their carts overflowing with groceries. Not to mention a lack of baggers to assist with getting everything packed and ready to go quickly. I go to the grocery store every week because I'm really picky about what I buy, and I don't trust the grocery runners for delivery services to take the proper time and care to get the correct items. But I can totally see someone who isn't as picky paying a little more to have someone else deal with the bullshit.

(Lancaster County)

It's nice to see that out of work ATF agents are finding new careers.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    We're eventually going to regret using marginal scumbags for all the Uber rides & food delivery jobs.

I understand the dynamic, nobody wants to subsidize $30/hour for vetted, sane, smart people to drive food or people around.

But wait until terrorists realize they can poison food and hand it to the victims, or mystery diseases spread because near-homeless drivers are eating parts of the food & finger-fucking the sandwiches, or kids start disappearing because their Uber driver drove into a warehouse where his buddies were waiting.

Trust is earned. We're handing it out like an entitlement. And we recently imported literally millions of unvetted foreign vermin, any one of whom could be carrying the next plague.
    How is now any different from any point in time when delivery drivers have existed? You're saying that NOW they can poison our delivered pizza or Chinese food, but they couldn't or wouldn't 20, 30, 40 yrs ago? Someone from 1985 couldn't have carried a communicable disease, but now they can? Some delivery driver from 1990 couldn't have spit or jizzed on someones taco pizza?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    What does being rich have to do with getting food delivered? Some people don't want to deal with the usual assholes that frequent the grocery store. Some don't want to deal with the lack of cashiers or open registers that force them to stand in long lines waiting for people to process their carts overflowing with groceries. Not to mention a lack of baggers to assist with getting everything packed and ready to go quickly. I go to the grocery store every week because I'm really picky about what I buy, and I don't trust the grocery runners for delivery services to take the proper time and care to get the correct items. But I can totally see someone who isn't as picky paying a little more to have someone else deal with the bullshit.
    That's cool. You do you. But the chances of your dog getting shot are a lot less if these minimum wage workers stay at the store instead of coming onto your property.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_010 View Post
    That's cool. You do you. But the chances of your dog getting shot are a lot less if these minimum wage workers stay at the store instead of coming onto your property.
    Or, I don't know, control your dog if you know that people are coming over. Or, if you're incapable of that, maybe don't have something delivered to your house. It's not always about the person coming to your house. I used to tag along on tuxedo delivery runs back in the day. On more than one occasion we had to abort because some asshole's dog was on the loose. All the delivery guys CC'd to protect against two and four-legged varmints. No one ever shot a dog...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast