Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default There’s a first time for everything.

I was pulled over for the first time yesterday. I’ve been driving nearly every day since I was 16 and it finally was my turn. Supposedly, I was going 35mph in a 25mph, I don’t believe I was, however I didn’t bother to debate it with the officer. I wasn’t given an authoritative tone and I didn’t sense any vitriolic vibrations emanating from this guy. Anyway, I was open carrying one of my 1911s on my strong side, right side. I doubt he saw it and I didn’t bother to mention it. We had a brief conversation about my car, he complimented my 2018 Dodge Charger, which is ironically a common police car these days. The interaction lasted about 4 minutes and as he walked away he said, have a nice day and drive safe. I honestly don’t think I was going 10mph over the limit. These were small suburban blocks in this town, I wouldn’t have felt the need to or had any reason to cover a short distance just to come to another stop sign. Even though this was an abuse of power stop, he wasn’t rude so I just should forget about it. It’s kind of annoying getting pulled over for the first time in my life and a bit offensive and it did irk me when I saw those lights but it is what it is. I used to be a member here years ago, I couldn’t remember my username so, I made a new one. I’m not a noob I promise.
    My three favorite things in life are guns, girls and cars. Everything else is secondary.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: There’s a first time for everything.

So you finally got your 🍒 popped driving.gif Welcome back.

I got pulled over last night, too. I was OC with my ruger 57. My wife was in the passenger seat and my son in the back. I was stuck behind a guy who was riding his brakes, so I went around him when it opened up to 2 lanes. Then there was a guy in front of him and I needed to make a right, so i sped past the second car, and then made my right. The second car made the right as well. I always feel bad when i overtake someone and end up slower than them, so i made sure to keep my speed up. The second car that i blew by, then stopped and short turned in front of, was the cop. He had me doing 39 in a 25. I gave him my license and insurance. He said if everything checks out he'll send me on my way. Sure enough he came back and asked me to slow down. I said sure thing.

It's amazing how you don't get shot when you don't try to fight cops or make threatening gestures, or spew profanities.
    iAnal

My dash cam mirror records front & back views, has a GPS system that registers speed, and records that, too. So if I ever get a bad ticket, I have a record of my second-by-second speed.

Of course, I move at a brisk pace, so if I get ticketed the odds are against me.

Except for that 1 speed trap in northeast PA. A 35 MPH zone, unmarked until you get to the first sign, where the Statie has been radaring you for half a mile. That's on a 4-lane divided highway. The lack of signage, & placement of the flunkie, is intentional. I was doing 55 (says so on the ticket), had no clue despite due diligence that this 4 lane highway was a 35 MPH zone. No Earthly reason for it except to entrap non-local travelers.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Chester County)

While we're on the subject, the only speeding ticket I've ever been issued was in Delaware, where I used to live until 1995. My wife and I had just left Lewes Beach and were headed North on Rt. 1, when I said to my wife, "I wonder if the state police are still using those Mustang 5.0 liter interceptors?" Sure enough, not 5 minutes later I see a white Mustang in my rearview with flashing red and blue lights in the grill on my tail. Other than speaking it into existence, the stop was not very memorable.

Notice the PSP emblem on the red one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    My dash cam mirror records front & back views, has a GPS system that registers speed, and records that, too. So if I ever get a bad ticket, I have a record of my second-by-second speed.

Of course, I move at a brisk pace, so if I get ticketed the odds are against me.

Except for that 1 speed trap in northeast PA. A 35 MPH zone, unmarked until you get to the first sign, where the Statie has been radaring you for half a mile. That's on a 4-lane divided highway. The lack of signage, & placement of the flunkie, is intentional. I was doing 55 (says so on the ticket), had no clue despite due diligence that this 4 lane highway was a 35 MPH zone. No Earthly reason for it except to entrap non-local travelers.
    This up near Wilkes Barre / Scranton area?

Quote Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
    While we're on the subject, the only speeding ticket I've ever been issued was in Delaware, where I used to live until 1995. My wife and I had just left Lewes Beach and were headed North on Rt. 1, when I said to my wife, "I wonder if the state police are still using those Mustang 5.0 liter interceptors?" Sure enough, not 5 minutes later I see a white Mustang in my rearview with flashing red and blue lights in the grill on my tail. Other than speaking it into existence, the stop was not very memorable.

Hmmm, sounds like the early version of Alexa was highly effective back then too! lol

I had one of those Mustang chase cars back in college, white & unmarked. The VIN traced back to a Texas police dept. it had some cool features, but all the good stuff had been stripped out and replaced before being sold to the public. It was very fun to drive as a 20 yo though, too fun sometimes (several speeding tickets)

(Lehigh County)

When I was 16 my old man told me he'd pull my license if I got any tickets. It didn't slow me down but I learned fast to drive my car in a military manner, keeping always on the alert, and observing everything that takes place within sight. I still drive that way 68 years later. Last speeding ticket I got was in 1974 and that was in CA at night on the 5 going down to San Diego when a CHP snuck up behind me.
    NRA Life Member

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post

Is that a roll cage in the gray one?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Waffles View Post
    I was pulled over for the first time yesterday. I*ve been driving nearly every day since I was 16 and it finally was my turn. Supposedly, I was going 35mph in a 25mph, I don*t believe I was, however I didn*t bother to debate it with the officer. I wasn*t given an authoritative tone and I didn*t sense any vitriolic vibrations emanating from this guy. Anyway, I was open carrying one of my 1911s on my strong side, right side. I doubt he saw it and I didn*t bother to mention it. We had a brief conversation about my car, he complimented my 2018 Dodge Charger, which is ironically a common police car these days. The interaction lasted about 4 minutes and as he walked away he said, have a nice day and drive safe. I honestly don*t think I was going 10mph over the limit. These were small suburban blocks in this town, I wouldn*t have felt the need to or had any reason to cover a short distance just to come to another stop sign. Even though this was an abuse of power stop, he wasn*t rude so I just should forget about it. It*s kind of annoying getting pulled over for the first time in my life and a bit offensive and it did irk me when I saw those lights but it is what it is. I used to be a member here years ago, I couldn*t remember my username so, I made a new one. I*m not a noob I promise.
    Looking at your avatar and 'feeling' your personality in your typing, I sensed you were a reincarnation of a young guy from like a year to a year and a half ago. Maybe Barney Fife just wanted to get a look at your car. No ticket?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast