Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Yardley, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    2,694
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: GOA Alert: HB 777 Passes PA House

    Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    I keep hearing the word fight, if you mean by voting, calling and emailing I already do all that. I have yet to see any stand taken against any of this anywhere, what makes you think Pa is any different.

    Complying never entered my mind either.
    There will be a point when peaceful solutions are off the table. I have done as you have---Voted, gone to numerous rallies for guns, healthcare, Trump, life, dragged our band equipment to Tea party rallies, 9/12 rallies, etc. I have stood for years in front of schoolboards, been to meetings, went against the NJEA, had my bank account compromised, had death threats , been attacked and so on---I have mentioned these things before.

    I have now gone 100% to prayer and seeking direction. I have come to the conclusion, unless there's a great awakening in the country, we will continue to spiral down faster and faster with no chance of recovery. When will non compliance on our part start? I believe, When it comes to us and when they physically come after us---believe me, history shows this WILL happen--- But the reason we wait? We're too honest, too good, too trusting and hope too much to bring the fight to them. We're not being compliant, we're being patient.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Delco, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Posts
    1,680
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: GOA Alert: HB 777 Passes PA House

    Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    There will be a point when peaceful solutions are off the table. I have done as you have---Voted, gone to numerous rallies for guns, healthcare, Trump, life, dragged our band equipment to Tea party rallies, 9/12 rallies, etc. I have stood for years in front of schoolboards, been to meetings, went against the NJEA, had my bank account compromised, had death threats , been attacked and so on---I have mentioned these things before.

    I have now gone 100% to prayer and seeking direction. I have come to the conclusion, unless there's a great awakening in the country, we will continue to spiral down faster and faster with no chance of recovery. When will non compliance on our part start? I believe, When it comes to us and when they physically come after us---believe me, history shows this WILL happen--- But the reason we wait? We're too honest, too good, too trusting and hope too much to bring the fight to them. We're not being compliant, we're being patient.
    Molon Labe
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania
    (Northampton County)
    Posts
    344
    Rep Power
    9037732

    Default Re: GOA Alert: HB 777 Passes PA House

    Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    I disagree. Yes there are lots of things that are not favorable all is not lost just yet. I mean if NJ residence can now get carry permits for ccw surely we still have a chance.
    NJ has been a lost cause for my entire adult life. The permits were a fairly hollow win. They still have the "assault weapon" ban that includes all the usual things, such as "large capacity" mags. Threaded barrel also bad. Hollow points a no go for carry They also passed that massive sensitive places ban that included just about everywhere in the state that wasn't your own property. NJ also has a duty to retreat, so if you ever try to defend yourself you're likely going to prison for a couple decades. Heck, you're looking at years in prison even for breaking trivial gun laws in NJ.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Upper Providence, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    19665599

    Default Re: GOA Alert: HB 777 Passes PA House

    Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    There will be a point when peaceful solutions are off the table. I have done as you have---Voted, gone to numerous rallies for guns, healthcare, Trump, life, dragged our band equipment to Tea party rallies, 9/12 rallies, etc. I have stood for years in front of schoolboards, been to meetings, went against the NJEA, had my bank account compromised, had death threats , been attacked and so on---I have mentioned these things before.

    I have now gone 100% to prayer and seeking direction. I have come to the conclusion, unless there's a great awakening in the country, we will continue to spiral down faster and faster with no chance of recovery. When will non compliance on our part start? I believe, When it comes to us and when they physically come after us---believe me, history shows this WILL happen--- But the reason we wait? We're too honest, too good, too trusting and hope too much to bring the fight to them. We're not being compliant, we're being patient.
    Well said. As has been said, Molon Labe.

    I swore the oath three times, once as a reserve officer, then as a regular officer, and finally as a reserve officer again when I resigned the regular commission. I take the oath seriously. Agree with prayer, but I'm a Christian WARRIOR. Being in prayer does not mean violence in righteous anger is always wrong (though the milquetoast Christians think it is).

    I'm with you, brother. I'll keep it up through this next election, but it could go pear-shaped so easily and in so many different ways. I just need to be prepared.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    next to my neighbor, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    13,621
    Rep Power
    21474867

    Default Re: GOA Alert: HB 777 Passes PA House

    Quote Originally Posted by JCinPA View Post
    Well said. As has been said, Molon Labe.

    I swore the oath three times, once as a reserve officer, then as a regular officer, and finally as a reserve officer again when I resigned the regular commission. I take the oath seriously. Agree with prayer, but I'm a Christian WARRIOR. Being in prayer does not mean violence in righteous anger is always wrong (though the milquetoast Christians think it is).

    I'm with you, brother. I'll keep it up through this next election, but it could go pear-shaped so easily and in so many different ways. I just need to be prepared.
    April 8th may be the day. With all that is going to happen with the hadron collider, the devils comet and eclipse.
    The national guard will be deployed in those 12 states because of more than 100k people will be going there.
    Then another news outlet said it may be for a terrorist attack.

    And they want to disarm us? LOL, ok.
    FJB

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Location
    Hatboro, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: GOA Alert: HB 777 Passes PA House

    This law is so dumb because it does nothing to stop you from buying a 3D printer and the parts to make your own gun. This will only affect law abiding citizens since the people who are prohibited and doing this already are covered under existing laws. And those criminals aren't going to stop because of this nonsense. It's crazy how close we are to some pretty terrible laws here in PA.

    Maybe they'll try to have background checks on 3D printers in the future like those geniuses in NY are trying!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Media, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Posts
    2,091
    Rep Power
    5581445

    Default Re: GOA Alert: HB 777 Passes PA House

    Sadly, there are too many gun owners that vote democrat. There are 100s of thousand gun owners in this state that no longer represent a voting bloc. There was a time that our enemies considered us a formidable opponent.

    Now, there are political candidates that brag about having an F rating from the NRA. In the past these antis may have been just that, but they did not dwell on their position.

    There are more gun owners now in this state than ever before, but as a group politically weaker..
    There is no reason that we have democrat control in the governors mansion, dem controlled house, and two anti gun lap dogs in the US Senate.

    Ironically, the new York and Jersey people that are moving into this state to escape the regs from their former state continue to vote dem. Many of which celebrated being able to buy a firearm.

    Sad state of affairs that collectively we brought on.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania
    (Northampton County)
    Posts
    344
    Rep Power
    9037732

    Default Re: GOA Alert: HB 777 Passes PA House

    Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    Ironically, the new York and Jersey people that are moving into this state to escape the regs from their former state continue to vote dem. Many of which celebrated being able to buy a firearm.
    None of the s**t these people do makes sense. They ran away from the cities to PA, supposedly, for a better life. Then they spend their days and nights trying to recreate everything they ran away from. They want more trash pickups, more stores, more restaurants, more houses (on smaller tracts of land), etc. Why you just go the F back?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Halifax, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,297
    Rep Power
    1916335

    Default Re: GOA Alert: HB 777 Passes PA House

    Just to clarify to all you guys not everyone thinks the same. Some people get out for the bs they deal with there and don*t look back. Wanna ask me how I know?
    What*s funny is people leave NY and NJ for a better life and they are treated like outsiders by responses like these. Instead of having a close minded shitty attitude towards it do YOUR part and educate them properly, they grew up their whole lives believing something and that doesn*t change when some redneck badgers them for making a change. Our *culture* is about growth and understanding and tolerance and if WE cannot tolerate someone*s ignorance to understand what they need from us to grow we will fall too. This is America no matter what part of it you live in!!!

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    next to my neighbor, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    13,621
    Rep Power
    21474867

    Default Re: GOA Alert: HB 777 Passes PA House

    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wick View Post
    None of the s**t these people do makes sense. They ran away from the cities to PA, supposedly, for a better life. Then they spend their days and nights trying to recreate everything they ran away from. They want more trash pickups, more stores, more restaurants, more houses (on smaller tracts of land), etc. Why you just go the F back?
    I hear the people that moved to florida during the scamdemic are moving back due to the heat and whatnot.
    I say turn up the heat.
    FJB

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: January 26th, 2022, 05:13 PM
  2. Replies: 27
    Last Post: December 8th, 2021, 05:54 PM
  3. GOA Alert: Constitutional Carry Passes PA Senate
    By vfinnell in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: November 11th, 2021, 08:25 AM
  4. House passes H.R. 1955
    By Agent Smith in forum General
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: January 28th, 2008, 03:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •