Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 64
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Chalfont, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    2,434
    Rep Power
    21474853

    Default Re: 1911 for carry. a production or a custom model?

    Sissies should probably abandon the carriage of firearms about their person. Perhaps carry your dainty Ruger lcp or similar in your muff or purse instead.
    Of course I'm referring to the (in whining, nasally voice) "It's too heavyyyyy. It's too bigggggg. It chaffs me in my delicatesssss"

    Some of you, I know personally are big as offensive linemen and cut a fine figure of a man. WTF is with the girlie man complaints over carrying something as trim and proper as a 1911 (or other) fighting pistol?
    Priorities are WAY out of wack.

    Perhaps time to reassess. If you're that delicate, maybe switch over to the Democratic Underground forum. Perhaps confine your first world musings to the latest moisturizer and finding just the right shoes to match your bag. I know, I'm old, salty and tragically un-hip. I don't squat when I pee. I don't wipe my azz with baby wipes or get pedicures.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glenmoore, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Age
    65
    Posts
    3,604
    Rep Power
    21474855

    Default Re: 1911 for carry. a production or a custom model?

    ^^^I was waiting for the thread to divide into two camps of manly pick-up driving he men compensating for something and all the others.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Chalfont, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    2,434
    Rep Power
    21474853

    Default Re: 1911 for carry. a production or a custom model?

    No mystery which side of the divide you favor. The firearm/penis thing is a go to reference for leftists.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    4,185
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: 1911 for carry. a production or a custom model?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    Sissies should probably abandon the carriage of firearms about their person. Perhaps carry your dainty Ruger lcp or similar in your muff or purse instead.
    Of course I'm referring to the (in whining, nasally voice) "It's too heavyyyyy. It's too bigggggg. It chaffs me in my delicatesssss"

    Some of you, I know personally are big as offensive linemen and cut a fine figure of a man. WTF is with the girlie man complaints over carrying something as trim and proper as a 1911 (or other) fighting pistol?
    Priorities are WAY out of wack.

    Perhaps time to reassess. If you're that delicate, maybe switch over to the Democratic Underground forum. Perhaps confine your first world musings to the latest moisturizer and finding just the right shoes to match your bag. I know, I'm old, salty and tragically un-hip. I don't squat when I pee. I don't wipe my azz with baby wipes or get pedicures.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    OUT TO LUNCH
    Posts
    4,584
    Rep Power
    21474858

    Default Re: 1911 for carry. a production or a custom model?

    I can speak to the tightness of a Baer. Right out of the box in one range session with the help of some very nice friends, I ran 1,000 rounds of Federal ball ammo through the pistol while only adding an occasional drop of Breakfree CLP in the right spots. Not ONE malfunction in the 1,000 rounds. When I took the pistol home to disassemble and clean it, I broke a plastic 1911 bushing wrench. I have had a few malfunctions with that gun when it was filthy dirty and damn near dry while shooting rapid fire during a string of bullseye. All of that said, I still prefer to carry an Austrian engineered piece of polymer for ease of use, round capacity and reliability.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Somewhere, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,968
    Rep Power
    21474856

    Default Re: 1911 for carry. a production or a custom model?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    Sissies should probably abandon the carriage of firearms about their person. Perhaps carry your dainty Ruger lcp or similar in your muff or purse instead.
    Of course I'm referring to the (in whining, nasally voice) "It's too heavyyyyy. It's too bigggggg. It chaffs me in my delicatesssss"

    Some of you, I know personally are big as offensive linemen and cut a fine figure of a man. WTF is with the girlie man complaints over carrying something as trim and proper as a 1911 (or other) fighting pistol?
    Priorities are WAY out of wack.

    Perhaps time to reassess. If you're that delicate, maybe switch over to the Democratic Underground forum. Perhaps confine your first world musings to the latest moisturizer and finding just the right shoes to match your bag. I know, I'm old, salty and tragically un-hip. I don't squat when I pee. I don't wipe my azz with baby wipes or get pedicures.
    When you have no ass, us big guys need to tighten our belts a bit more than you slim guys. I'm big enough that I could hide any full sized pistol with ease (and have). Doesn't mean I liked doing it all the time. And medically, I can't now, and probably will never IWB/OWB carry ever again. I've had to adapt to my situation. Pocket carry works just fine for me most of the time. Sometimes I shoulder carry. Sometimes I carry in a sling bag. Sometimes I carry my P32 in a hidden pocket in my undershirt. Again, big enough to hide multiple guns. Depends on where I am and where I'm going.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Brookville, Pennsylvania
    (Jefferson County)
    Age
    51
    Posts
    20,141
    Rep Power
    21474874

    Default Re: 1911 for carry. a production or a custom model?

    Which is going to hurt your feelings or wallet less when the police seize it if you use it(legally or not)?
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

    Don't end up in my signature!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    1,311
    Rep Power
    4664884

    Default Re: 1911 for carry. a production or a custom model?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    When you have no ass, us big guys need to tighten our belts a bit more than you slim guys. I'm big enough that I could hide any full sized pistol with ease (and have). Doesn't mean I liked doing it all the time. And medically, I can't now, and probably will never IWB/OWB carry ever again. I've had to adapt to my situation. Pocket carry works just fine for me most of the time. Sometimes I shoulder carry. Sometimes I carry in a sling bag. Sometimes I carry my P32 in a hidden pocket in my undershirt. Again, big enough to hide multiple guns. Depends on where I am and where I'm going.
    “If you’re not fit, you’re going to die.” - Flannel Daddy.


    (Halfway through my 0345 morning workouts in our basement gym… 😎&#129305

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glenmoore, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Age
    65
    Posts
    3,604
    Rep Power
    21474855

    Default Re: 1911 for carry. a production or a custom model?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    No mystery which side of the divide you favor. The firearm/penis thing is a go to reference for leftists.
    Well, my balls are bigger than my dick if that helps.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Somewhere, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,968
    Rep Power
    21474856

    Default Re: 1911 for carry. a production or a custom model?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScaredOnce View Post
    *If you*re not fit, you*re going to die.* - Flannel Daddy.


    (Halfway through my 0345 morning workouts in our basement gym* *&#129305
    We're all going to die. No amount of fitness is going to prevent that. And GT needs to lay off the enhancement drugs. Bro got swole in a very short period of time. His face is puffy AF, but he has a gut, too. That's a sign he's not doing things the way nature intended.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Custom 1911 carry guns
    By Asmodeus in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: March 27th, 2009, 11:45 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •