Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default PSA Upper "Torture Test" - Garand Thumb Video

Aside form being unrealistically abusive by utilizing a full auto lower (you may disagree, which is fine), I found it interesting, if not exceedingly long.

Pretty sure that their intended message was "Stay away - it's better to PAY", but I think he just sold a few hundred thousand more rifles for PSA.

Spoiler: Barrel gets shot out - BCG is inspected thoroughly and... (watch the video)

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Default Re: PSA Upper "Torture Test" - Garand Thumb Video

A friend and I were talking about psa uppers. We both decided not to buy them again.
    I'd rather pay the money for a better made upper, like chrome lined barrel, etc..
    BCM comes to mind.
    PSA are good entry level guns for people that don't have a lot of cash on hand. I own one,
    but that's about it.
    FJB

(Allegheny County)

I don't think they had anything bad to say about the barrel - it survived the expected round count - exceeded their expectations, if I recall correctly.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I don't think they had anything bad to say about the barrel - it survived the expected round count - exceeded their expectations, if I recall correctly.
    I kinda of skipped through the video and they basically said it*s a good rifle if you just want something that you don*t shoot a lot, don*t want to spend a lot etc. At the end he said it*s not a combat rifle, and in other words without saying it, you get what you pay for.
    Today was a good day!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    I kinda of skipped through the video and they basically said it*s a good rifle if you just want something that you don*t shoot a lot, don*t want to spend a lot etc. At the end he said it*s not a combat rifle, and in other words without saying it, you get what you pay for.
    Of course.
    But it seems you surprisingly get more than you pay for in the case of 99% of buyers.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Of course.
    But it seems you surprisingly get more than you pay for in the case of 99% of buyers.
    Wonder if they took 5 of those uppers and did the exact same tests if the results would be the same for all 5, or at least very similar.

Psa makes decent stuff and I like their motto of wanting to get one in the hands of as many as possible. The AR market is at peak right now, so many options from stuff like PSA to Knights and everything in between. It*s a good time for the AR market.
    Today was a good day!

(Allegheny County)

I'm not a AR guy but when I buy one it's a PSA.

I always enjoyed these videos where they just shoot as many rounds as they can through an upper on full auto until failure. Videos are shortish. The entry level PSA lasts 440 rounds or so.

The M&P II lasted 820 rounds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe4GvVYNQbc

The PSA upper is more than suitable for SD/HD usage. No one is burning theirs down on full auto suppressed every weekend. Well, almost nobody. I'd be more interested if they fired all those rounds on semi auto without a suppressor. The wear and tear would have be less over a longer period of time. Heat and ARs do not play nicely together. Add gas blowback and dirt, and most ARs will not stand up to the punishment for thousand and thousands of rounds. That's why you have to clean them and replace worn parts. Is the PSA on the same level as a top-tier operator AR? Of course not. But that's not the market that PSA is selling to. The folks buying these things will never put them through the paces that GT and crew do. Not to mention, take everything Garand Thumb says and does with a huge grain of salt. He's an entertainer. His videos are meant to make money, so they are going to be over the top and filled with not necessarily accurate or unbiased information.

(Bucks County)

I like a lot of the psa products. I also appreciate ARs that meet the military data package specs.
    That said replacing a barrel and bolt assembly is so simple even homies wit extra chromies can do it.

Buy 'em cheap and stack 'em deep while you can. You gonna need that shit.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast