Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Default Re: State of Firearms Forums

Quote Originally Posted by OwnTheRide View Post
    I don't see... any of that, at all. PAFOA performs quite wonderfully, in my experience.

Some of what you're describing (bad gateway, log out/in) sounds like caching issues. Clearing your cookies and data for PAFOA might fix that.

For informational purposes, I use firefox and the noscript addon, though everything on PAFOA is set to "trusted," so presumably I'm not filtering much out with it.
    It's a site issue. The problem occurs on multiple devices, on different networks, running different OSs and browsers, simultaneously. And it's intermittent.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    I don't think it's the software that's expensive, it's the hardware and possibly the network connection.

IIRC, he doesn't host it in the cloud - he runs it on his own hardware. I think, fundamentally, that's the issue.
    There has to be a POOFA member with IT experience on how to build it back better...

Quote Originally Posted by OwnTheRide View Post
    I don't see... any of that, at all. PAFOA performs quite wonderfully, in my experience.

Some of what you're describing (bad gateway, log out/in) sounds like caching issues. Clearing your cookies and data for PAFOA might fix that.

For informational purposes, I use firefox and the noscript addon, though everything on PAFOA is set to "trusted," so presumably I'm not filtering much out with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    It's a site issue. The problem occurs on multiple devices, on different networks, running different OSs and browsers, simultaneously. And it's intermittent.
    I've done all kinds of cache clearing, history, cookies, etc. ad nauseum. No difference.

I used to see that every one of Walleye's replies were duplicates and thought, 'WTH is this guy doing?' Now it happens to me the majority of the time.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I doubt your contributions keep the lights on, and you don't get a report of what's done with your payment, so you don't know. If it was a financial hardship, Dan could charge admission instead of collecting ad revenue.
    My annual contributions are on auto renew. I wish the $ went towards fixing the system issues.

I called Dan out weeks ago in the 504 Gateway Timeout thread... he's MIA.

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Can you ask Dan (the wizard behind the curtain) to weigh-in here?

(Tioga County)

On occasion here or there I'll get 504 gateway issues and I just have to be patient and reload the page.

Two different computers I browse on. They both get the 504's at different times, but eventually, based on how much browsing. Soon as it happens, ctrl H and clear and it immediately fixes it. Granted I have to log into everything again, but it's a small price to pay.

iAnal

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
    What other forums do you enjoy and have continued to have enough activity and interaction to make it worth logging on?
    I am mainly active on Glock Talk, the SIGforum, and the Defensive Carry forum. I peruse this forum mainly to keep abreast of what is happening in PA in regards to firearms.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567