Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Quantity or quality?

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I bought a M3HB in 2000 for 6700.00 pretty much a brand new gun. One just sold on broker last year for 26k and change,
    and it wasn't in new condition either.
    It's hit or miss now with this great economy. What I am finding is people selling guns a little cheaper than normal,
    most likely due to this great economy. Now is the time to buy that certain gun.
    I'm only 6 guns shy of my law 12 collection, almost had one the other day but chickened out.
    I had a nice collection at one time, bring back p38, full auto mac, K98 bring back just to name a few.
    Obama put the cabash on that
    Yep, right now is a buyers market.
    Today was a good day!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Bottom line is the guns featured in cool movies and video games are the ones that go way up. T V shows too.
    It definitely increases desirability, I'm sure my SPAS-12 wouldn't be worth nearly what it is if it wasn't for games like COD and movies like Jurassic Park and the Terminator.

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    It definitely increases desirability, I'm sure my SPAS-12 wouldn't be worth nearly what it is if it wasn't for games like COD and movies like Jurassic Park and the Terminator.
    Most of them for sale have those movies in the description. I saw one sell for 5500.00 on broker.
    I paid 1500.00 for mine several years ago. It's definitely one gun I would never use for self defense.
    FJB

(Washington County)

When I had the chance to play with a SPAS-12, I'm not sure if I could of figured out the manual of arms without instruction. I'm still not even sure how it worked. I just did what I was told.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I bought a M3HB in 2000 for 6700.00 pretty much a brand new gun. One just sold on broker last year for 26k and change,
    and it wasn't in new condition either.
    It's hit or miss now with this great economy. What I am finding is people selling guns a little cheaper than normal,
    most likely due to this great economy. Now is the time to buy that certain gun.
    I'm only 6 guns shy of my law 12 collection, almost had one the other day but chickened out.
    I had a nice collection at one time, bring back p38, full auto mac, K98 bring back just to name a few.
    Obama put the cabash on that
    The rising price of semi auto belt feds (and parts kits) is very interesting to watch. I am wondering if we will ever find the ceiling. I've watched 1919 parts kits go from $800 in 2012 to $2600 today. I'm told around the year 2000 they were $150. Lack of supply is driving some businesses to machine new 1919 parts. I think I see more new made parts becoming available every year.

Meanwhile, the average price of a full auto 1919 (non C&R) was basically stagnant for the first half of that same time period, and only in the past few years has the price gradually increased from $18k to $24k, but even then I see many sell under $20k. Percentage wise, I think a parts kit or semi auto 1919 has outperformed the full auto transferable 1919.

The price of water cooled belt fed parts are high as can be, yet the transferable water cooled machineguns (vickers, maxim, etc) are stagnant, possibly about to drop. I guess no one wants to drag those guns and their tripods out, fill them with water, and blast away. This doesn't apply to the 1917 though, collectors prize them.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    When I had the chance to play with a SPAS-12, I'm not sure if I could of figured out the manual of arms without instruction. I'm still not even sure how it worked. I just did what I was told.
    It's actually kind of funny that it's so highly regarded in movies and games. If you have it loaded and set to semi or pump you're good to go. I couldn't imagine being in some type of firefight and trying to actually load rounds. It's definitely a learning curve between getting rounds loaded without jamming then making sure you've got everything set right so you can chamber a round and actually shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    The rising price of semi auto belt feds (and parts kits) is very interesting to watch. I am wondering if we will ever find the ceiling. I've watched 1919 parts kits go from $800 in 2012 to $2600 today. I'm told around the year 2000 they were $150. Lack of supply is driving some businesses to machine new 1919 parts. I think I see more new made parts becoming available every year.

Meanwhile, the average price of a full auto 1919 (non C&R) was basically stagnant for the first half of that same time period, and only in the past few years has the price gradually increased from $18k to $24k, but even then I see many sell under $20k. Percentage wise, I think a parts kit or semi auto 1919 has outperformed the full auto transferable 1919.

The price of water cooled belt fed parts are high as can be, yet the transferable water cooled machineguns (vickers, maxim, etc) are stagnant, possibly about to drop. I guess no one wants to drag those guns and their tripods out, fill them with water, and blast away. This doesn't apply to the 1917 though, collectors prize them.
    The water cooled guns aren't "cool" as the others, that's my thoughts. The people today that are collecting are younger than me, they want the cool stuff. That's one thing I fked up on were the parts kits. I never bought any. The belt fed 50 cal will always be cool and in demand. That's one gun I'm glad I bought, because I wouldn't be able to afford one today.
    The minigun is what I always wanted, and the quad fifty. If I ever hit the lottery, I'm getting a 20mm vulcan or the 35mm.

For now, I'm going to take the fifty out this spring/summer for the first time in over ten years. I have about 900rnds or so I want to get rid of.
    The shit just sitting around has a bigger chance on fouling then unloaded. And nobody likes to buy reloaded ammo.
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    It's actually kind of funny that it's so highly regarded in movies and games. If you have it loaded and set to semi or pump you're good to go. I couldn't imagine being in some type of firefight and trying to actually load rounds. It's definitely a learning curve between getting rounds loaded without jamming then making sure you've got everything set right so you can chamber a round and actually shoot it.
    The law 12 is a very nice gun. Haven't shot it yet but loading is just fine. It's well balanced.
    FJB

(Bucks County)

I tend to buy both....EDC guns are Glock or Sigs it's cheaper to replace than an HK...1911s tend to be higher or mid level quality.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Since I generally consider a $500.gun as "quality," I will humbly admit to quantity, since I have no $1000+ purchases.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast