Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Initiative to bring back Northern Bobwhite Quails to Pennsylvania takes flight

🤗 The species, which was deemed locally extinct more than two decades ago, could soon make a comeback in the Commonwealth.

FRANKLIN COUNTY, Pa. — It's been since at least the early 2000s since Northern Bobwhite Quails flew in the skies of Pennsylvania. Several were introduced Tuesday at The Letterkenny Army Depot in Greene Township, Franklin County.

"We got the habitat in place now," Letterkenny Army Depot Natural Resources Manager Matt Miller said. "We're very excited to get it back on the landscape here."

https://www.wnep.com/article/news/lo...d-3bdf49bb069c

Default Re: Initiative to bring back Northern Bobwhite Quails to Pennsylvania takes flight

Spend money in smarter places and let nature take it's course.
    iAnal

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Initiative to bring back Northern Bobwhite Quails to Pennsylvania takes flight

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    Spend money in smarter places and let nature take it's course.
    I rather see it used on the birds than the illegal trespassers/invaders 😤

(Bradford County)

Quote Originally Posted by GOYABEAN View Post
    I rather see it used on the birds than the illegal trespassers/invaders ��
    I would as well.

I had a bobwhite as a pet when I was a kid. I bought one of those egg and incubator kits from the ad in the back of Boys Life magazine. That quail was like a little dog, followed me around everywhere, had a real personality, just wanted to sit on my head or lap all the time. Really funny little bird.

After a couple years, I was away from home hunting with my dad one weekend and my sister rolled off the sofa and crushed it.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

I rather see it used on the birds than the illegal trespassers/invaders ��
    I'd rather it not be used at all, then taxes lowered. Just because they have the money doesn't mean it needs to be spent.
    iAnal

(Lehigh County)

I'd rather it not be used at all, then taxes lowered. Just because they have the money doesn't mean it needs to be spent.
    Better yet if that will include reducing their government salaries 🤔

Better yet if that will include reducing their government salaries ��
    They should also be slashed.
    iAnal

(Butler County)

I've seen coveys while I've been rabbit hunting. Maybe 5 times in 50 years. They are pretty scarce.
    How many quail could we get for a tenth of the money Joe sent to the Ukraine?

(Chester County)

We stocked them on the regulated hunting preserve I used to belong to. I know many got away but they are not well suited for holding over because they were cage raised.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Wayne County)

Well, the money for this comes mainly from license fees anyway, so this really isn't an issue.

I'm all for having as many different species to hunt as we can introduce! With CWDspreading readily throughout the state, the days of deer hunting are about one generation from ending. As such, unless we want the number of hunters in PA to fall to zero, followed by the number of gun owners, we need to support every damn attempt that PGC tries to stock new game species.

Personally, I would love to have a cool little game bird like that to hunt!
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast