Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BB guns

(Philadelphia County)

Default BB guns

hellos to all i a new pro gun being so on this note my son was caught with a BB gun i was wondering if and what resources i can find with laws stating that BB guns are not unlawful in the state of Pennsylvania i need these sources for my sons case he is 15 years of age i see a lot of saying and a lot of google stating that you neither need a permit or licensee to carry these but i need the proof for his hearing his so called case is in the Delaware juvenile courts please if any or information on this would be greatly appreciated thanks again and hope to make a lot of friends here thanks again

(Chester County)

Default Re: BB guns

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge1954 View Post
    hellos to all i a new pro gun being so on this note my son was caught with a BB gun i was wondering if and what resources i can find with laws stating that BB guns are not unlawful in the state of Pennsylvania i need these sources for my sons case he is 15 years of age i see a lot of saying and a lot of google stating that you neither need a permit or licensee to carry these but i need the proof for his hearing his so called case is in the Delaware juvenile courts please if any or information on this would be greatly appreciated thanks again and hope to make a lot of friends here thanks again
    FWIW in Philadelphia:
    https://airgunlaws.com/philadelphia-...d-regulations/

You indicate that the matter occurred in Delaware (county?) What was the specific code referenced in the citation and who issued it?

No aware of any state level PA statutes specifically relating to BB guns generally. Need more info about surrounding circumstances. For example in PA:
    18 PA CSA § 6304. Sale and use of air rifles.

(a) Sale or transfer of air rifles.--

(1) It shall be unlawful for any dealer to sell, lend, rent, give, or otherwise transfer an air rifle to any person under the age of 18 years, where the dealer knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, the person to be under 18 years of age, or where such dealer has failed to make reasonable inquiry relative to the age of such person, and such person is under 18 years of age.

(2) It shall be unlawful for any person to sell, give, lend, or otherwise transfer any air rifle to any person under 18 years of age, except where the relationship of parent and child, guardian and ward or adult instructor and pupil exists between such person and the person under 18 years of age.
    (b) Carrying or discharging air rifles.--

(1) It shall be unlawful for any person under 18 years of age to carry any air rifle on the highways or public lands unless accompanied by an adult, except that a person under 18 years of age may carry such rifle unloaded in a suitable case or securely wrapped.

(2) It shall be unlawful for any person to discharge any air rifle from or across any highway or public land or any public place, except on a properly constructed target range.

Delaware state does have potential restrictions
    Last edited by tl_3237; February 17th, 2024 at 02:49 PM.
    IANAL

Was he on private land, *highways or public lands*? Private lands are not mentioned in the law.

Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Philadelphia County)

hello to all and thanks for the quick answers i have read over the Pa general assembly law and the case is held in Delaware county media Pa but the issue was originated in Aston pa Chester county on private land ? well as far as i know they state that it was at the Philadelphia electric property they stated it is private property but not sure as of yet and when i google this question this is what comes up on almost all the links other than the pa title 18 assembly law (Airsoft guns (aka, BB, or pellet guns) are not considered firearms according to the Pennsylvania law. This means that you don't need a permit to buy, own or carry and airsoft (BB) gun.)

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge1954 View Post
    hello to all and thanks for the quick answers i have read over the Pa general assembly law and the case is held in Delaware county media Pa but the issue was originated in Aston pa Chester county on private land ? well as far as i know they state that it was at the Philadelphia electric property they stated it is private property but not sure as of yet and when i google this question this is what comes up on almost all the links other than the pa title 18 assembly law (Airsoft guns (aka, BB, or pellet guns) are not considered firearms according to the Pennsylvania law. This means that you don't need a permit to buy, own or carry and airsoft (BB) gun.)
    Aston PA is in Delaware County not Chester County.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Chester County)

What was the specific code referenced in the citation?
    IANAL

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    Aston PA is in Delaware County not Chester County.
    sorry for the mis info there then i live in Philly so hard for me to tell considering that Aston ha Pa included in it so again i want to thank everyone for their sources and opinions am still looking for the law i need everything is set up for a Pre Adjudicated hearing if anyone knows of the exact law permitting to carry a bb gun please send links to me thank you now on this not regardless of how this hearing goes i know the other suspect my sons friend received probation and community service sorry almost fell out of following sentence anyway i am looking for a shooting range to sign up either in Chester or Delaware county Pa so that my son can practice thanks again to all please let me know

I didn't read the law, but just from the OP's response and for his information: Airsoft guns are totally different animals from BB or Pellet Guns. Sorry, if I have misconstrued.
    NRA Benefactor Member

(Chester County)

Delaware and Chester counties have become blue state bedwetters. I can't believe any a self respecting police officer would bother a kid with a BB gun. Did he shoot his eye out?
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast