Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Question indoor tactical at Manheim Sportsmans

I saw that Manheim Sportsman is having a indoor tactical shoot open to the public on Dec 20th. Has anybody gone to one of these I'm thinking of going.What is it like?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: indoor tactical at Manheim Sportsmans

I help Dave Yutz run the shoots. Dec 20th will be the 2nd shoot held at Manheim Sportsmens. Everybody seemed to enjoy themselves at the last shoot. The rules are: pistol only, you can ONLY shoot lead tipped ammo, and no magnums. Those are the regular club rules anyway. People who reload or have a source for loaded lead ammo were shooting regular handguns (lots of Glocks, Berettas, 1911s etc). Others, like myself, shot .22s handguns. As far as the shoot, we ran 4 stages of different scenarios. There is movement, shooting from cover, etc. You will need a holster and at least 2 mags that hold 10 or 3 mags if you shoot a 1911. A mag pouch is also helpful. Each stage was under 20 rds bring more mags/ammo if you have them just in case. Of course hearing and eye protection are also required

If you want to just come and check out the action to see what its all about, thats fine too. We had 6 new shooters last month. We will walk you thru everything and answer any questions.

Starting in Jan, Heidelberg Sportsmens in Schaefferstown will start their outdoor tactical season with rifles and handguns. We generally see who the hardcore shooters are in Jan.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

(Lancaster County)

Thanks wizzegun for the info. I might give it a try even so I'll come just to check it out.
    I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six!

(Lancaster County)

I would suggest bringing your gear even if you don't plan to shoot. There have been a few who "just came to check it out" and kicked themselves in the butt for not doing it. Here is a link to Manheim Sportsmens website for directions. The cost is $10. registration closes at 9:30, shooters meeting at 9:45 and shooting begins at 10:00. Hope to see you there!

http://www.manheimsportsmansassoc.org/index.html
    Last edited by wizzegun; December 2nd, 2008 at 06:50 PM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by wizzegun View Post
    I help Dave Yutz run the shoots. Dec 20th will be the 2nd shoot held at Manheim Sportsmens. Everybody seemed to enjoy themselves at the last shoot. The rules are: pistol only, you can ONLY shoot lead tipped ammo, and no magnums. Those are the regular club rules anyway. People who reload or have a source for loaded lead ammo were shooting regular handguns (lots of Glocks, Berettas, 1911s etc). Others, like myself, shot .22s handguns. As far as the shoot, we ran 4 stages of different scenarios. There is movement, shooting from cover, etc. You will need a holster and at least 2 mags that hold 10 or 3 mags if you shoot a 1911. A mag pouch is also helpful. Each stage was under 20 rds bring more mags/ammo if you have them just in case. Of course hearing and eye protection are also required

If you want to just come and check out the action to see what its all about, thats fine too. We had 6 new shooters last month. We will walk you thru everything and answer any questions.

Starting in Jan, Heidelberg Sportsmens in Schaefferstown will start their outdoor tactical season with rifles and handguns. We generally see who the hardcore shooters are in Jan.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
    Sounds like fun - I may have to come try this. Is there a limited number of spots?
    If you're not outraged & disgusted, you are simply not paying atttention

(Lancaster County)

There is no limit to the amount of shooters. Last shoot we had 21 shooters and each stage took us about 1 hour to run. We were done by 2pm. There is food and drinks available at the club...hot dogs/hamburgers/sodas. You get to meet a lot of people and BS...its a good time.

(Lancaster County)

A few questions. Is this an indoor or outdoor match? Start from the leather? What are distances? How score- just paper score or time taken into consideration? Lastly I think I was at the club many,many years ago. As I recall real small outside area and houses right up against range. Am I thinking of same place? Thanks.

(Lancaster County)

This is an indoor match...hence the need for lead ammo only. All scenarios start from the holster. The scoring is based on time plus time added for hits outside the "zero box", misses, and penalties for hitting no shoots. The standard IPSC silhouette targets are used. Distances range from 5-15 yds. There are houses within 200 yds of the club house so may be the same place.

(Chester County)

Now I just need to find some 45 acp lead ammo.....any suggestions?
    If you're not outraged & disgusted, you are simply not paying atttention

(Chester County)

Where in Manheim is it? I am up at the auction fairly frequently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast