Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    (Berks County)

Default Re: KC Super Bowl Parade Mass Shooting

I only ever got called retarded.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

My recollection of closing of incarceration-style mental hospitals is approximately 1968 Congress addressed the situation from the standpoint of false imprisonment, violation of civil rights, and related. Sprung into sudden freedom, they became an instant social problem with little or no planning for the predictable consequences... a homeless persons situation, even worse if unable to self-manage.

There was a man in our area who slept in non-running cars behind repair facilities. He pedaled a 20 inch bike head down, scavenging items from the gutters that were redeemable at the local scrapyard. He had a sister who tried to get him to live in her home with her which he refused.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalSpeed View Post
    Bad things can, and do, happen everywhere. Has nothing to do with what color a state may be on a political map. Are you really that blind?
    The lack of a mental health system is the 1st thing that needs to be fixed in the US in order to start to stop these sad events.
    What at least 2 states need (Pennsylvania and New Jersey) is long term institutionalization for the chronically mentally ill, but that isn't going to happen because state bureaucracies have made too many mistakes.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    There used to be a ton of mental hospitals, they are all gone. I wonder why?
    I made a few posts about what happened to them in the 1980's. Many leftists lay the blame on Reagan but that was not the case. It was a Federal lawsuit brought against the State of PA for the abuses and mishandling of funds going to the state institutions brought by the families of the abused. The Federal Judge that ordered a revamping or the closure of these abusive facilities was Judge Louis Bechtel. The State of PA and many states across the country shut down the abusive, underfunded or misappropriated funded facilities sending patients out into the street with no place to go because the states said we're washing our hands of it if you're going to be watching over us and interrupting our money stream.

The classic example of this was Byberry State in Philadelphia where they closed the building and any patients that could walk were put out on the street. The abuses that went on in that facility were horrendous as were the many other facilities in the state like Pennhurst that was a real house of horrors when it was run by the state. Then came the idea of group homes for those patients that are semi functional but again they had trouble finding neighborhoods to accept these group homes. There's never a real solution that doesn't involve facilities that become abusive and corrupt because no one wants to really deal with the problem of the mental patients.

I had a family member that had a slight learning disability I had to rescue from that system and that's why I know about this. So called mental health professionals have now turned their aim toward children to tell them they are not the gender they were born as for their revenue stream because states are a lot tighter about larger mental institutions which mainly house the criminally insane and very dangerous individuals that most prisons are incapable of handling.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Chester County)

As far as the KC shooters are concerned white guys were the ones that tackled the shooters and held them until police were able to come and take them into custody.

1:20 in the video

Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    .....ever see Jack Nicholson's movie that touched on it?
    I know a lot of nurses who actually snap and have major mental health problems- it’s gotta be the demands plus the rush of an emergency plus the tragic nature of the job

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
    Stay out of urban centers and avoid large crowds in the Democrat shit holes at all cost. If you haven't figured that out by now, you're beyond hope.
    Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalSpeed View Post
    Bad things can, and do, happen everywhere. Has nothing to do with what color a state may be on a political map. Are you really that blind?
    The lack of a mental health system is the 1st thing that needs to be fixed in the US in order to start to stop these sad events.
    nope.

Lack of fathers in families sponsored by .GOV welfare is the root cause of "urban" crime. Black on black is most of it, but Black on white is growing.

Today's black "culture" is a result: Violence reflected in their music, videos and lives. Violence instead of reasoned discourse, or delayed gratification. Violence followed by no repercussions = more violence, generation after generation.

7% of the population (black people are 13% of the US population and males make up about half of that) commit about 85% of the felonies, according to .GOV numbers going way back.

Where is this most prevalent ? Chicago, Philly, NYFC, St louis, LA, Oakland, etc etc

Hide your head in the sand if you wish, or feel free to stroll the streets after dark, but we tolja so.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789