Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Republican's resignation shifts power back to Democrats in PA house

The resignation of a Republican lawmaker in the previously deadlocked Pennsylvania House of Representatives has put the balance of power back to Democrats, ahead of a special election next week for another vacant position.

Rep. Joe Adams, R-Pike, resigned on Friday, saying previously that medical news had changed his focus.

“It has been an honor to serve you, the citizens of Pike and Wayne counties, in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives,” he said in a prepared statement. “Taking care of my family, understandably, must now be my priority. I will continue to work locally to help our community, its organizations, businesses and people.”

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...ction/3772179/
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Default Re: Republican's resignation shifts power back to Democrats in PA house

Whatever happenned to Defend our Constitution until death ? Just like any Military understands to fight to the death !

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Whatever happenned to Defend our Constitution until death ? Just like any Military understands to fight to the death !
    Show me in the PA General Assembly's Oath of Office where it says "Defend the Constitution until Death".
    Last edited by Ronin; February 12th, 2024 at 09:38 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    What?! Dude probably got some poor medical news and decided to enjoy what remaining time he has left.

(Wayne County)

And the man that wants Adams seat is not the greatest. Jeff Olsomer is our township supervisor and he*s like a little Hilter. He couldn*t control his township meetings so he pays the Constable to come in for scare tactics. Olsomer is not good, he*s part of the Good Ole Boys club here. Township has 750 people and 17 miles of roads. We have 3 secretaries and one is being paid 85 per hour, 2 full time road guys, 2 part time road guys, and 2 temporary road guys. Jeff and the other2 supervisors just voted to have themselves a 401k retirement fund. So people of Wayne county beware of Olsomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    And the man that wants Adams seat is not the greatest. Jeff Olsomer is our township supervisor and he*s like a little Hilter. He couldn*t control his township meetings so he pays the Constable to come in for scare tactics. Olsomer is not good, he*s part of the Good Ole Boys club here. Township has 750 people and 17 miles of roads. We have 3 secretaries and one is being paid 85 per hour, 2 full time road guys, 2 part time road guys, and 2 temporary road guys. Jeff and the other2 supervisors just voted to have themselves a 401k retirement fund. So people of Wayne county beware of Olsomer.
    Sounds like the town folk need to administer a little street justice, or vote them out.
    FJB

(Philadelphia County)

Doesn't the D who just went to rehab cancel this out? At least for the time being?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Maybe you should run for the position?
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinPhilly View Post
    Doesn't the D who just went to rehab cancel this out? At least for the time being?
    I'm sure a fellow D will cast their votes.. (note the sarcasm)
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Maybe you should run for the position?
    I*ll need 2 more that think like me for any thing to change. Good ole boys club runs strong up here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast