Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Default Re: South Carolina Senate Approves Constitutional Carry

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    That would seem to mean, if you want to acquire a permit, you must be a resident or qualified non-resident.

I think Section 9, Paragraph (O) is the pertinent Constitutional Carry section (sorry, the strikethrough lines are not pasting. The second line, labeled (1), is deleted in the modified statute.) (Bolded by me):

SECTION 9. Section 23-31-215(K), (M), (O), and (U) of the S.C. Code is amended to read:

(O)(1) A permit issued pursuant to this article is not required for a person:
    (1) specified in Section 16-23-20, items (1) through (5) and items (7) through (11);
    (2a) carrying a self-defense device generally considered to be nonlethal including the substance commonly referred to as "pepper gas"; or
    (3b) carrying a concealable weapon in a manner not prohibited by law.
    (2) The availability of a permit to carry a concealable weapon under this section must not be construed to prohibit the permitless transport or carrying of a firearm in a vehicle or on or about one's person, whether openly or concealed, loaded or unloaded, in a manner not prohibited by law.

I'll have to give the bill a read too, but section 2 at the bottom sounds like what is already allowed for those without a permit, which includes loaded glove box carry and carry from that vehicle to one's domicile.

(Bucks County)

The governor signed this into law yesterday. I have searched everywhere for out of state residence. It says nothing at all…about if it’s legal or illegal and all it says is “if you can legally own a gun you can legally carry”.

I’m not going to SC anytime soon but I might later this summer.

Longneck (Formerly Northern Lancaster County), Delaware

My super liberal cousin who lives in SC is bitching about it on FB.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    The governor signed this into law yesterday. I have searched everywhere for out of state residence. It says nothing at all*about if it*s legal or illegal and all it says is *if you can legally own a gun you can legally carry*.

I*m not going to SC anytime soon but I might later this summer.
    14th Amendment says a law applies equally, resident or non-resident. ...in theory and constitutionally.

But better to make sure before before attempting anything.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Here4now View Post
    The places you're not allowed to carry are pretty stupid--Churches, private residences, etc unless you get approval. Churches can opt out of the law, which is good, but I would rather see the laws where these places have to explicitly "opt in".
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Allegheny County)

I just spent several days in Charleston SC a couple of weeks ago. There are a lot of "No Concealable Weapons" signs on restaurants, bars and such.
    The Lord Bless You

Longneck (Formerly Northern Lancaster County), Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by Here4now View Post
    I think I’ve mentioned my cousin before. He’s 8 years older than me. He was always my favorite cousin growing up. His two sisters are conservative as is all of our “family”. Two tours in ‘Nam. Retired from the reserves after 20+ years as a SGTM. One of the most intelligent persons I know.

I fail to see how or why he has gone to the dark side. While I applaud him for his service, I’m so disappointed.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 41 Redhawk View Post
    I just spent several days in Charleston SC a couple of weeks ago. There are a lot of "No Concealable Weapons" signs on restaurants, bars and such.
    Great news that they support open carry...

And I guess a Mosin 91-30 wouldn't be a 'concealable weapon' and would be permitted.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    14th Amendment says a law applies equally, resident or non-resident. ...in theory and constitutionally.

But better to make sure before before attempting anything.
    I was just assigned a project in SC-----dreaded it up until this was passed............................carry on.....

Already updated:
    https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/res...p/sc-gun-laws/
    Some quirks:

- Carry in the buildings and grounds of places of worship that are leased to a church? As of August 15, 2021, those areas are not considered a school during the hours that the church has the use and enjoyment of the school property. Therefore, a valid permit holder may carry concealed or openly carry in a church during church services or official church activities in churches located on leased premises of an elementary or secondary school (although not during any time students are present for a curricular or extracurricular school-sponsored activity), only upon express permission given by the appropriate church official or governing body.

- Carry on public transportation? No.
    - Hospital, doctors office, medical clinic or any building in which medical services are performed (unless given permission by employer); and
    - Private places clearly marked with a sign prohibiting the carrying of a concealable weapon on the premises.
    - Lodging establishments that are posted [S.C. Code Ann. § 45-2-30(A)(4)]; May be telling Marriott to F-off if they try this...................

- SECTION 45-2-30. Refusal or denial of accommodations, facilities or privileges; demonstration of ability to pay; minors; deduction from advance payment for value of lodging.
    - (4) A person whom the innkeeper reasonably believes is bringing in property which may be dangerous to other persons including, but not limited to, firearms or explosives.

Hence concealed means concealed.........................
    Last edited by 2DogsBarking; March 9th, 2024 at 04:24 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12