Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Picked up an OSP slide for my XD9

I always loved the original XD (HS2000) pistols. I carried an XDSC for years. My XD9, however, has been kind of a safe queen. I almost traded it a couple weeks ago, but took it to the range and remembered why I kept it. It ain*t beautiful and the trigger is mushy. They do fit my hand well, point naturally for me, and the trigger guard is generous enough for my bug fat shriek-like hands. The mushy trigger is hated by some, but still predictable and for some reason I always shot really well with XD*s.

When I saw yet another ad for the OSP slides for these pistols, I flirted with the idea of making the ol* XD my EDC. Well the slide arrived today. I swapped the slide using my existing barrel and guide rod/spring combo. I mounted the included plate and installed a Crimson Trace RAD Micro on it. I adjusted the sight to line up with the taller sights on the new slide and off I went to do some plinkin*.

My love for the old XD line has been rekindled. My 54 year old eyes aren*t getting any better and the red dot has me shooting as good as I ever had. If you have an old XD service model in 40 or 9mm sitting in the safe or collecting dust, I can*t recommend enough that you give it new life with the new slide.

PICS:
    https://imgur.com/a/7roGumD

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Picked up an OSP slide for my XD9

I wish I could find an optic cut slide for my Xdm. People shit on them, but I love shooting mine.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Picked up an OSP slide for my XD9

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCopper View Post
    I always loved the original XD (HS2000) pistols. I carried an XDSC for years. My XD9, however, has been kind of a safe queen. I almost traded it a couple weeks ago, but took it to the range and remembered why I kept it. It ain*t beautiful and the trigger is mushy. They do fit my hand well, point naturally for me, and the trigger guard is generous enough for my bug fat shriek-like hands. The mushy trigger is hated by some, but still predictable and for some reason I always shot really well with XD*s.

When I saw yet another ad for the OSP slides for these pistols, I flirted with the idea of making the ol* XD my EDC. Well the slide arrived today. I swapped the slide using my existing barrel and guide rod/spring combo. I mounted the included plate and installed a Crimson Trace RAD Micro on it. I adjusted the sight to line up with the taller sights on the new slide and off I went to do some plinkin*.

My love for the old XD line has been rekindled. My 54 year old eyes aren*t getting any better and the red dot has me shooting as good as I ever had. If you have an old XD service model in 40 or 9mm sitting in the safe or collecting dust, I can*t recommend enough that you give it new life with the new slide.

PICS:
    https://imgur.com/a/7roGumD

I EDC an old XD40 i bought in 2005 often... I make self-denigrating jokes about it. But, I shoot it very well and have about 30+ mags for it loaded with Fed HSTs... Haters gonna hate. I'm on my third barrel haha.
    F*S=k