Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AMMO STOCK !

Default Re: AMMO STOCK !

.22's anybody stocking them? I bought a case before the full retardation of the price increase swept in.
    FJB

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post

Last evening I finished loading every steel 7.62 AK mag I own, 70 30rd and 15 20rd, all surplus (the 12 orange Soviet and Chinese AG4 30rds are empty and just for lookin' at). All the steel mags are now full to the top, and there are still 9,000+ rounds of 7.62x39 in factory boxes in ammo cans.

That's just the 7.62x39. I'm the Cruzans of ammo, except that I bought it between 1984 and ~2017.

Noah
    Damn, you gettin' ready for somethin'?
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    .22's anybody stocking them? I bought a case before the full retardation of the price increase swept in.
    I have about 16k 22, lots from the glory days of cheap Walmart bulk. Don*t know how much 5.56 or 9mm I have but if I shot a couple hundred rnds a week I should be good for a few years.
    Today was a good day!

(Bucks County)

There was a brief time between sandy hook and covid where .22s were down to 6 cents a shot. And that was for decent ammo and not thunderbolt, I think CCI ammo was around 8 cents.

Lets just say I now have enough.

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    I have about 16k 22, lots from the glory days of cheap Walmart bulk. Don*t know how much 5.56 or 9mm I have but if I shot a couple hundred rnds a week I should be good for a few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    There was a brief time between sandy hook and covid where .22s were down to 6 cents a shot. And that was for decent ammo and not thunderbolt, I think CCI ammo was around 8 cents.

Lets just say I now have enough.
    .5.5 each was what I paid last. A friend offered me 20k for .4 a round. I should have bought them.
    FJB

(Allegheny County)

.5.5 each was what I paid last. A friend offered me 20k for .4 a round. I should have bought them.
    You should have grabbed it. If memory serves me correct I didn*t pay any more than .04 for any of the bulk stuff I have. Have some cci subs and some other 22 I payed more for but most of my 22 is bulk stuff.
    Today was a good day!

(Lehigh County)

Back in 2018 some kind soul here posted in the deals thread about a place in MN, Reeds Family Outfitters, that was selling the 325 round boxes of Federal 40 gr Target Grade 22 for $15 a box, buy one, get one free, no limit, free shipping. I jumped on that and will probably never have to buy 22 again. I still get emails from Reeds but have never seen a deal like that since.
    NRA Life Member

(Bucks County)

I've seen Federal Champion bulk 36 gr CPHP for 6 cents a round recently. If I didn't have a metric shit ton, I'd probably get some more.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    I am in the same situation and still have a good supply of cheap primers and powder. And since I cast my own lead bullets I could always shoot for cheap. But I am not going to waste a precious SP primer on reloading a 9mm. If I do run out of 9mm I will start shooting my other pistols in different calibers that have been neglected.
    I don't have too much else that takes a small pistol primer, 38 and 32 ACP. 357 Magnum is magnum small pistol primer and 45 ACP is large pistol primer. I got rid of all my small pistol primer 45 ACP brass, wasn't a fan.

Personally I enjoy reloading 9mm and I know I outstrip my use with production to the point I buy 9mm brass to load. I enjoy experimenting with different powders, primers, bullets, etc. in 9mm.

As some point I need to buy a STEN gun or something similar to use all this up. When relatives or friends shoot at my range I tell them don't bother bringing 9mm, I have plenty.

(Chester County)

I bought all the remaining CCI and Winchester 22LR that the local Walmart had when they decided to get out of selling ammo. a few thousand rounds or so. Now they are back to selling fudd rifle ammo and some shotgun shells but since they went all out communist there for a couple of years they didn't even sell knives or airguns. It just goes to show that the country and all it's leaders in government and business are nothing but screwballs that have no business running business.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast