Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Future group buy ideas? Looking for input

Quote Originally Posted by rckeystone View Post
    Back in 2020 I picked up a small 3.5 CF freezer for the garage. Unfortunately I'm in a townhouse with no basement, and a one car garage that I use as a basement. I'd love to squeeze another one in someplace at some point, but until I get the garage cleaned out that's not happening. Of course I've been saying I need to clean the garage out for 5 years now LOL It's become the bane of my existence
    You are not alone.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Delaware County)

Back in 2020 I picked up a small 3.5 CF freezer for the garage. Unfortunately I'm in a townhouse with no basement, and a one car garage that I use as a basement. I'd love to squeeze another one in someplace at some point, but until I get the garage cleaned out that's not happening. Of course I've been saying I need to clean the garage out for 5 years now LOL It's become the bane of my existence
    Yeah...I have the same issue. Only my garage was built with the intent of parking cars in it, instead we have all kinds of supplies for all the projects I am doing in the house parked in the garage. We also have a ton of stuff that came from my M-in-L after her death...still need to clean it out. If it were up to me, I would chuck most of what is in there...getting my other half to agree on it? Good luck.

(Delaware County)

There doesn't seem to be much interest in this beef buy. Will revisit this again in the Spring...

Be good.

(Delaware County)

Costco has a great buy on a 7.5 cubic foot chest freezer/refrigerator...229.00 One could put a lot of protein in it.

If you are going to get started stocking up on protein...this is a good start.

(York County)

Id be down for ammo/NV/other stuff. Probably not the food stuffs tbh, unless the price was unreal.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
    Id be down for ammo/NV/other stuff. Probably not the food stuffs tbh, unless the price was unreal.
    I am looking at some others buy ideas...ammo being one of them. the buy would be local to me only...as I don't want to get into shipping this stuff. The last few ammo buys went well. I did them for the guys at our range...seems many of them are looking for another one. 9mm and 223. pricing on 223 is high, only going to go higher. buy now or wait until prices go higher...which is what many end up doing. Still working on the night vision...this stuff is hot. Priced right and upgradeable. Waiting on finalizing the details...could be a couple months, but is well worth it.

Bulk beef prices are listed above...I would say they are pretty damn good. These prices change week to week. They could be lower now...but I won't be checking them until I know we have some more interest...perhaps when the weather gets warmer.

Having a freezer is a good idea...before looking to buy in bulk. Costco has a good deal on one now...won't break the bank, but will hold a good amount of beef and anything else you want to put in it.

Things are going to get difficult for many of us...now is the time to figure out your barter groups, where to get good deals on stuff, how to fix everything yourself and have the parts to do it with.

Inflation is making everything expensive...

I had a little 3.5cf freezer, but when i upgraded to my 24cu ft freezer, i discovered that my 24 cu ft uses less power, and I can fit an entire half cow in it with room to spare.
    iAnal

(Chester County)

Can you tell us more about the NV option?
    I'm only here for the wood c-rings.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ianb1116 View Post
    Can you tell us more about the NV option?
    I have been trying to get some marketing materials from the company that makes it. I asked them for a video demonstrating their product...nothing yet. There is some half assed stuff out there showing their wares...but I am not willing to use it...only because it doesn't really show the capabilities this tech has. I will wait until I have something a little more substantive, rather than turning off those who might be interested.

(Delaware County)

A shame we couldn't get enough interest to do a Beef group buy. With the huge fires going on in Texas, price of beef is going to go through the roof. I hope you all have some food stores in place.

Have a nice weekend.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast