Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Parking for the Great American Outdoor Show - Harrisburg next week.

I'm heading to the show next Saturday, opening day. Wanted to check with others of their experience with parking on site, off site lots on Elmerton Ave or HA Community College. Are they safe? How quickly do they fill up?

Working the afternoon shift and want to see how early I need to arrive for parking nearby. I don't want to park at the mall even though it's free parking with shuttle to the event. I'll pay the $10 parking fee. When I worked the event in the past I was provided a parking pass for the exhibitor lot. They are cutting expense and providing parking passes to multiple day workers and owners.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Parking for the Great American Outdoor Show - Harrisburg next week.

Well, if you want good parking and want to be an A-hole, just take a handicap space, or park in an aisle, a walkway, or a designated 'NO PARKING' spot.

Seemed to work for a lot people at the Farm Show with no repercussions. But that's a different story.

End of rant.

If you're willing to drive around for 10-15 minutes, you'll probably find something in the lot so you don't have to use a shuttle.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Well, if you want good parking and want to be an A-hole, just take a handicap space, or park in an aisle, a walkway, or a designated 'NO PARKING' spot.

Seemed to work for a lot people at the Farm Show with no repercussions. But that's a different story.

End of rant.

If you're willing to drive around for 10-15 minutes, you'll probably find something in the lot so you don't have to use a shuttle.
    I'm thinking we paid last time but I don't remember. I do remember it was us near a college or something that looked like an old state hospital and took a shuttle down.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Dauphin County)

It's a very short walk from the HACC parking lots to the Farm Show buildings, if you don't want to take the shuttles. Probably 10 minutes at most, and you'll spend that much time waiting for the shuttle to fill and getting though the traffic on the shuttle anyway. We did the shuttle for the Farm Show, but that's because we had three grandchildren with us, including an infant. It was convenient enough, though, if you don't want to walk.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post

End of rant.

Thank you.

I won't use a handicap spot, they should be used by people that really need one.

I guess they monitor the lot and will close entrance into the lot if full? I'm heading there in the morning of opening day. Doubt anyone will be leaving after only being at the show for an hour. Don't want to pay $10 to drive around the lot only to find it full with not spots left. I don't mind paying, just don't want to pay twice for another lot.

Taking a shuttle isn't bad if the remote lots are safe. From what I see on the Farm Show links, shuttles run frequently, walking distance about the same on site as in a remote lot to shuttle pickup.

(Lancaster County)

Mabye Im just lucky or just the times Ive shown up, never had an issue getting a spot in the main lot at the entrance, off 81 to Cameron left at Wildwood park, wanded right in, paid $10 and a short walk in. Same goes for the Farm Show also. We alternate years for each show

Not too fond of remote parking and the school bus rides, which is the reason Ive all but stopped going to the WWII weekend at Mid Atlantic Air Museum. A great show but has out grown that venue

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim8300 View Post
    Thank you.

I won't use a handicap spot, they should be used by people that really need one.

I guess they monitor the lot and will close entrance into the lot if full? I'm heading there in the morning of opening day. Doubt anyone will be leaving after only being at the show for an hour. Don't want to pay $10 to drive around the lot only to find it full with not spots left. I don't mind paying, just don't want to pay twice for another lot.

Taking a shuttle isn't bad if the remote lots are safe. From what I see on the Farm Show links, shuttles run frequently, walking distance about the same on site as in a remote lot to shuttle pickup.
    Yes, in the past we have parked in the main lot for the Farm Show, but this year the entrance was closed with a sign stating "LOT FULL", and we were directed into the HACC lots. They HACC lots are completely safe, as is the walk from them to the event. You won't walk through any urban settings.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Berks County)

I usually park off of Elmerton. I guess for the money it works for me.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member