Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ercildoun, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    5,498
    Rep Power
    21474853

    Default Re: Optic Mounting on Marlin 25M

    Use Weaver rings made for 22's. They are made for that type of rifle. Burris also make 22 rings for the 25.

    https://www.weaveroptics.com/rings/1...ings/1795.html
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2023
    Location
    Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Optic Mounting on Marlin 25M

    I've attached photos. The mount size seems to be good (3/8) but I cannot tighten down the rings to hold the dovetail.IMG_0825.jpgIMG_0824.jpg

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Folsom, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Posts
    2,143
    Rep Power
    21474855

    Default Re: Optic Mounting on Marlin 25M

    It doesn*t look like the receiver has a ring groove. The cut looks square.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Brookville, Pennsylvania
    (Jefferson County)
    Age
    51
    Posts
    20,041
    Rep Power
    21474874

    Default Re: Optic Mounting on Marlin 25M

    With that set of rings not having a 2-piece "claw"(lack of better word) - you might need to really tighten that thing to bend the legs in. The screw certainly has the threading to bring them together.

    They advertise it being for 11mm(3/8") rails, and specifically call out .22 and air rifles that use that size of rail.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

    Don't end up in my signature!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Brookville, Pennsylvania
    (Jefferson County)
    Age
    51
    Posts
    20,041
    Rep Power
    21474874

    Default Re: Optic Mounting on Marlin 25M

    Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    It doesn*t look like the receiver has a ring groove. The cut looks square.
    Look at the pic in the original post. Looks like a 3/8" rail.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

    Don't end up in my signature!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2023
    Location
    Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Optic Mounting on Marlin 25M

    Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    With that set of rings not having a 2-piece "claw"(lack of better word) - you might need to really tighten that thing to bend the legs in. The screw certainly has the threading to bring them together.

    They advertise it being for 11mm(3/8") rails, and specifically call out .22 and air rifles that use that size of rail.
    Thank you for your replies. I appreciate your help. I see what you are saying. They lack something to catch and pull it to the other side. I think this set of rings has the claw to which you are referring. https://a.co/d/ihCaXPO

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Folsom, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Posts
    2,143
    Rep Power
    21474855

    Default Re: Optic Mounting on Marlin 25M

    Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Look at the pic in the original post. Looks like a 3/8" rail.
    Indeed. And look at the pictures with the rings. The cut looks square. The points of the mounts appear to align with a vertical surface.

    Edit: Considering further, is the groove for the rings lower on the receiver and the horizontal bar on the rings keeping them from getting low enough to engage it?

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hellertown, Pennsylvania
    (Northampton County)
    Posts
    394
    Rep Power
    8233833

    Default Re: Optic Mounting on Marlin 25M

    This is the style you need.



    I don't know what height you are looking for, I know the bolt handle is very tall on the Marlins. The mounts on the bottom right adapt the 3/8" groove to a Weaver mount.

    If you think one of these might be the correct height you're welcome to try them.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Brookville, Pennsylvania
    (Jefferson County)
    Age
    51
    Posts
    20,041
    Rep Power
    21474874

    Default Re: Optic Mounting on Marlin 25M

    Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    Indeed. And look at the pictures with the rings. The cut looks square. The points of the mounts appear to align with a vertical surface.

    Edit: Considering further, is the groove for the rings lower on the receiver and the horizontal bar on the rings keeping them from getting low enough to engage it?
    I think the problem has to do with the legs of the ring set that he bought. Being 1-piece, you have to tighten them pretty hard to bend them into the grooves. Whereas normal rings have a separate piece to pull into the groove.

    If you Google "Marlin M25" you'll see a bunch of pics of scoped rifles.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

    Don't end up in my signature!

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2023
    Location
    Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Optic Mounting on Marlin 25M

    Quote Originally Posted by rkrcpa View Post
    This is the style you need.



    I don't know what height you are looking for, I know the bolt handle is very tall on the Marlins. The mounts on the bottom right adapt the 3/8" groove to a Weaver mount.

    If you think one of these might be the correct height you're welcome to try them.
    Thank you very much for the offer. I appreciate it deeply. I was able to find a set on Amazon that ended up working and held tightly. Great to see you are local too!

    See attached photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 26th, 2017, 02:22 AM
  2. Optic for a 30-30 Marlin
    By *Klutch* in forum Optics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: July 15th, 2012, 09:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •