Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Woke, Cancel Culture Karens Hit Fire Dept. Fund Raiser

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    It's not really my thing but you're correct. It's very popular in Central PA, the prius driving concrete jungle dwellers have never stepped foot into the mountains in rural Pennsylvania. There are signs advertising pelt trade hanging in the local gun shop, Miller's, who is also cosponsoring this event. There are chicken farms and countless other local farms that cut losses from predators and other invasive animals, if these hunts were so bad the PGC would set limits and restrictions. I really have no interest in predator hunting, I go out for the occasional deer season but this is what the membership of that fire department is interested in. They are hard working heros for their community, putting their lives on the line for absolutely ZERO return as a volunteer and they don't deserve to get shit on like they are.
    I get pretty territorial when I get competition from other living things and would be proud if I was ever able to cap a 'yote.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bradford County)

Wonder what the Karens would think if they saw a small pack run down a doe and systematically rip pieces off her sides while she tries to get away. I saw that when I was 15 and my dad and I were trying to pop a couple of them but man they are fast.

I've shot 3 in maybe the last 20 years while out hunting either deer or turkeys, but deliberately hunting them is extremely time consuming and really best at night or near-night. Nobody up here really hunts them any more and the population has exploded. I can hear them howling and yipping frequently at night down in the swamps and hemlocks down the valley below me and let me tell you, they're not packs of 2 or 3. There are a LOT of them.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Berks County)

More karens' pugs need to be taken by them.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bradford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    More karens need to be taken by them.
    FIFY!
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Clinton County)

Our former district 76 State Rep has weighed in with support, (D) Mike Hannah Sr. This is a good start.

https://www.lockhaven.com/opinion/le...servationists/

Hunters as conservationists
    LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
    JAN 31, 2024

Mike Hanna, Sr.

Lock Haven

A recent letter from an officer of Animal Wellness Action criticized the Lamar Township Volunteer Fire Company’s upcoming coyote hunt as a cruel and wanton waste of wildlife. While I’m not a member of the fire company, I am an avid hunter and write to provide some facts in defense of the hunt. Hunters are the reason the PA Game Commission exists and the PGC’s mission statement is clear: “Manage and protect wildlife and their habitats …for current and future generations.” The PGC’s biologists have determined that coyote populations in PA are such that there is a need for an open season to control their numbers. Why?

According to SCIENCING.COM: “Coyotes are considered one of PA’s most effective predators… severely decimating the PA deer population… they tend to prey on fawns.”

I would suggest to Animal Wellness Action that a fawn’s death by coyote is far more cruel than a coyote’s near instant death from a hunter’s bullet. It is common knowledge that coyotes also feed on livestock and domestic cats and dogs. Coyotes need to be controlled and that’s the job of hunters.

In addition, it should be noted hunters are the first conservationists. Providing not just wildlife management to protect habitat and our environment, but also according to the US Fish & Wildlife Service paying over $1.8 billion a year for wildlife conservation. As former President Teddy Roosevelt said: “The excellent people who protest against hunting, and consider sportsmen as enemies of wildlife, are ignorant of the fact that in reality the genuine sportsman is by all odds the most important factor in keeping the larger and more valuable creatures from total extermination.”
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Lancaster County)

Except that quote from sciencing.com is incorrect. According to a recent Penn State study:

For the most part, coyotes in Pennsylvania are compensatory predators of deer. This means, they do not impact a deer population. The deer they eat probably would not have survived the year. This finding has been demonstrated by several studies, one study looked at the deer populations in the Southeast and East Coast, which had recently been colonized by coyotes. If coyote predation was additive then deer populations would go down, but that is not what the study found.
    https://extension.psu.edu/the-effect...%20population.

(Clinton County)

Penn State, a shining example for all.
    And the source given by Mike Hannah highlights the ONLY thing coyotes could possibly have an impact on. PGC better get on with protecting these innocent creatures!
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Bucks County)

I*m not a wildlife biologist and unfortunately at this point in my life I*m jaded by just about anything I hear from an *expert* I don*t personally know. But our turkey population is declining, grouse struggle and deer populations in north central PA are down all due to probably many factors. Killing more of their predators seems like a benefit to me.

(Clinton County)

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/9qN...ibextid=oFDknk

It appears that the eco-terrorists fucked up. Their campaign had the opposite affect and looks like the predator hunt turnout was a huge success this time. Good on the fire company for not backing down.
    μολ ν λαβέ

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/share/p/9qN...ibextid=oFDknk

It appears that the eco-terrorists fucked up. Their campaign had the opposite affect and looks like the predator hunt turnout was a huge success this time. Good on the fire company for not backing down.
    Streisand Effect. HAHAHHAHAHA!

And I agree with Palerider. "Experts" are a dime a dozen. Just ask me, I'm an expert on the subject.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast