Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default What the UK govt does to unarmed, powerless people

Just saw that the UK Postal Scandal is trending on Twitter, because they started airing a 4-part TV miniseries.

Apparently, since around 1999, the UK Post Office used an untried computer program to handle transactions for things like pensions and tax medallions and maybe lotto tickets, stuff like that.

The system was glitchy. It reported shortfalls that the dental-deficient Brits unilaterally decided were thefts by sub-postmasters. Hundreds of complaints, and every one was told "nobody else is having any problems".

The PO extorted hundreds of these innocent people to "pay back" phantom money that had never existed, it was just a software error. Jail terms, firings, bankruptcies, divorces, and at least 1 suicide.

When it became clear there was a problem, the PO investigated itself and found itself pure as snow. When an outside firm came in and found problems, the leadership ordered them to stop and destroy all the evidence.

This is what you get when the masters have zero fear of an uprising of the peasants. Also why we have the right to confront our accusers, but that's meaningless when your accuser is a black box that takes in terabytes of data and processes it in secret and spits out conclusions that you know are false, but have no ability to challenge.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: What the UK govt does to unarmed, powerless people

I’ve literally never heard of this… A bit of Wikipedia does make it seem like a very British scandal, but this is so far from what we Brits really need to care about right now. It’s like classic “computer says no” combined with UK Courts system….. and I’ve spent a lot of time in those courts over the years! :/

I do need to pop back over to our flat there next week to check the post!

By the way, my daughters and I have impeccable teeth.

I used to love this stuff ten years ago… I’d get a few 4packs of cans, sit on the floor of my shit bedsit in Derby getting pissed solo and watch reruns of Rail Disasters. To your point, that was also partially bc I was unarmed. If I were home, in US, I’d have been drinking beers and shooting trash for fun. ha

The paedo rings in Rotherham or NHS anything make for fun/alarming entertainment too.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Just saw that the UK Postal Scandal is trending on Twitter, because they started airing a 4-part TV miniseries.

Apparently, since around 1999, the UK Post Office used an untried computer program to handle transactions for things like pensions and tax medallions and maybe lotto tickets, stuff like that.

The system was glitchy. It reported shortfalls that the dental-deficient Brits unilaterally decided were thefts by sub-postmasters. Hundreds of complaints, and every one was told "nobody else is having any problems".

The PO extorted hundreds of these innocent people to "pay back" phantom money that had never existed, it was just a software error. Jail terms, firings, bankruptcies, divorces, and at least 1 suicide.

When it became clear there was a problem, the PO investigated itself and found itself pure as snow. When an outside firm came in and found problems, the leadership ordered them to stop and destroy all the evidence.

This is what you get when the masters have zero fear of an uprising of the peasants. Also why we have the right to confront our accusers, but that's meaningless when your accuser is a black box that takes in terabytes of data and processes it in secret and spits out conclusions that you know are false, but have no ability to challenge.

Maybe a trip down to the neighborhood imam can help. They control everything and probably aren't pleased with these whites messing up again.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Lancaster County)

Now let's do a thread on what the US government does to an armed but powerless populace.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    ...when your accuser is a black box that takes in terabytes of data and processes it in secret and spits out conclusions that you know are false, but have no ability to challenge.

You mean like our current voting system??
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    You mean like our current voting system??
    That is definitely how the NHS works too… deciding collectively who gets treatment and who doesn’t- but also fuelled by incompetence & blatant Google searches by the GPs.

Healthcare for the fam was another major reason we began splitting more of our time to be back here in The States.

There are some redeeming elements to life in UK, to be fair… but, many others still haven’t warmed up me over after 15+ years, admittedly.

(Chester County)

AANNDD . . .that's another reason why we threw those snaggle-toothed MFers out back in the 1770s.

P.S.- I have English blood in my heritage so I can call them snaggle-toothed MFers. Cracka pleez!

(Bucks County)

**redeeming elements to life in the UK**
    You must have bumped your head. Denizens of the UK are mostly woke screwheads. Very jealous of the US, especially when it comes to firearms.
    And never at a loss to lecture us about firearms and the second amendment. F *em. They can have Piers Morgan back, too.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredOnce View Post
    That is definitely how the NHS works too* deciding collectively who gets treatment and who doesn*t- but also fuelled by incompetence & blatant Google searches by the GPs.

Healthcare for the fam was another major reason we began splitting more of our time to be back here in The States.

There are some redeeming elements to life in UK, to be fair* but, many others still haven*t warmed up me over after 15+ years, admittedly.

If I'm seeing a doctor with one of these, I'm walking out.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.