Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Any truth ATF giving illegals exemption to back ground checks

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    The background checks for American truckdrivers are quite extensive and have to go back ten years. How do they perform those checks on the non-English speaking immigrants that are driving trucks now?
    Might it be 10 years or as far as records are available?

You bring up an interesting point though. Local CTE has an adult only CDL program. I'd say 90% of the students are non-English or low-English speaking. Don't know about the current instructor, but when they hired the last one, being bilingual (English/Spanish) was a requirement.

How do you follow regulations if you can't read/speak English?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Might it be 10 years or as far as records are available?

You bring up an interesting point though. Local CTE has an adult only CDL program. I'd say 90% of the students are non-English or low-English speaking. Don't know about the current instructor, but when they hired the last one, being bilingual (English/Spanish) was a requirement.

How do you follow regulations if you can't read/speak English?
    I thought that understanding the English language was a pre-requisite to getting a PA driver's license.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bradford County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I'd say 90% of the students are non-English or low-English speaking.
    Sooooooo, graduates of US high schools?

Sorry, couldn't help myself!
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Carbon County)

for the doubters that think its a stretch to allow illegals to buy guns

how do you feel about illegal alien cops carrying guns and arresting US citizens?

Not satire: LAPD swears in police officers who are DACA recipients and entered US illegally

by: Pat Droney 2023-12-15 Source: Law Enforcement Today Opinion

LOS ANGELES, CA - If you set out to destroy a country, you couldn*t do any worse than what they*ve done in Los Angeles, where the first group of illegal aliens in the country are set to graduate from the Los Angeles Police Academy.

You read that correctly*people who entered the country illegally will be on the streets of LA enforcing the law. No, this is not satire from the Babylon Bee.

Worse yet, the group of DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) LAPD recruits are not, by virtue of their undocumented status, permitted to carry their city-issued firearms when they are off-duty, NBC Los Angeles reports.

Under federal law, DACA aliens are prohibited from possessing either guns or ammunition, but the LAPD has found a workaround for that little problem.

They will simply consider off-duty hours part of the definition of *performance of their official duties or other law enforcement purpose,* which will allow these individuals to carry their issued firearms off-duty, a new police policy memo reads.

*We*ve sought information from our federal and state and City attorney to understand what does the policy needs [sic] to discuss to articulate the basis of which a DACA individual, now a police officer, can lawfully carry and possess a firearm and ammunition,* Chief Michel Moore told the outlet, channeling his best Kamala Harris word salad.

Officials said federal and California law allow DACA individuals who are not US residents or citizens to possess firearms as long as it is within the *course and scope* of their official duties.

Had the policy not been changed, DACA-affiliated officers would have been required to leave their department-issued firearms at police stations when they left work for the day, thereby not being able to carry them off-duty for personal protection.

*When these current individuals who are DACA recipients graduate from the academy,* Moore said, *it would be appropriate for us to have a written policy that clearly defines what their authorities and responsibilities are, given their position as a police officer.*

The Los Angeles Board of Police Commissioners was set to meet this week to discuss the specific rule changes required to allow DACA officers to carry their firearms when off-duty. Under California law, full-time police officers are considered to be *peace officers* at all times, even when they are off duty, whereby such time is considered part of a *law enforcement purpose.*

In September 2022, the California state senate removed the requirement that California police officers must be U.S. citizens under Senate Bill 960. The only requirement is that officers be *legally authorized to work in the United States.* Perhaps there is hope for illegal members of Hamas and Hezbollah to become duly sworn police officers in California. The state (but not its police officers) deserves it.

In April, Colorado, vying to be *California lite,* passed similar legislation that allows DACA recipients to become police officers and possess firearms in the course of their duty.

DACA was signed into law by leftist President Barack Obama in 2012 and provides protection from deportation for some 600,000 people who were brought to the U.S. without legal status (illegally) before the age of 16 and who*ve lived in the country continuously since 2007. However, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security says that DACA is *not itself a type of legal residency.*

When California was considering the bill, Fox News contributor Leo Terrell slammed it, saying the state was attempting to devalue citizenship, as reported in Townhall:

*California is trying to devalue citizenship. They*re trying to say, look, it doesn*t matter, basically. How can this person qualify in a background check? How can an illegal alien take an oath to uphold the law*when he broke the law? It*s ludicrous,* Terrell said.

*This is an open-border state. They*re competing with New York City to basically say citizenship doesn*t matter, and it tells me one thing, that until this state removes itself from being a one-party deep blue state, we*re [going] to get these crazy*open policies regarding illegal immigration. They don*t want any distinction between citizenship and illegal aliens.*

Remember this the next time you hear politicians bloviating about restricting the gun rights of lawful Americans. They're arming those who entered the US illegally.

https://lawenforcementtoday.com/no-t...d-us-illegally

Illinois has also given the go-ahead to hire illegal cops and US senator little dick durban suggested last week on the Senate floor the recruiting shortfall in the military should be filled with illegals

today it's DACA tomorrow its anyone
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Berks County)

Either IL or IN has passed legislation permitting that as well.

(Berks County)

I thought that understanding the English language was a pre-requisite to getting a PA driver's license.
    Surely you have been to the Reading DMV location on Lancaster Avenue. Every time I'm there, I see a fair amount of the 'customers' have an interpreter.

Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post
    Sooooooo, graduates of US high schools?

Sorry, couldn't help myself!
    Sadly, you're not entirely wrong. There are ESL students graduating high school who can not hold a conversation in English. Co-worker of mine had a kid in his welding program (high school senior) who spoke very poor English and could write zero English. He wrote one word as the answer for every single question on every assignment he handed in for the entire year: Omar. His name.

(Northampton County)

Ha! No. Testing is currently offered in 25 languages.

(Berks County)

Yesterday I was at a friend's house who used to train CDL drivers and i asked him about this. He said that they are supposed to be able to read and write English but indicated that it's not the reality of things.

(Northampton County)

Yesterday I was at a friend's house who used to train CDL drivers and i asked him about this. He said that they are supposed to be able to read and write English but indicated that it's not the reality of things.
    CDL is a little different. The knowledge tests are offered in multiple languages, but the hazmat is only in English. There's no official requirement for the driver to read, write or speak English though, so you can probably get a translator or something.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12