Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: USSCA and other firearm insurance/any good

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Nah, I am not a reader of the fine print, it puts me to sleep. I went with USCCA over US Law Shield because a renowned lawyer said that their quick action was instrumental in winning some cases. US Law Shield gives seminars all over the place on a regular basis for $10 pre-bidenomics, might be double that now. Anyhow, good information is gleaned by going to them and I would recommend it.
    I went to a seminar a couple of years ago at my club, then another one that was offered at a local place. I don*t remember which insurance group it was. I remember walking away from both not convinced it was a good use of money because of concerns I had afterwards. It was 5 plus years ago and I don*t really remember what the concerns were.

(Lancaster County)

Look into CCW Safe. Attorney Andrew Branca, Law of Self Defense, recommends them.

Here's a YT video discussing Self Defense Insurance

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    As per US Lawshield's policy...

Those two things are big hang-up's for me. Costco is a gun free zone. Best Buy, the mall, and countless other scenarios. And just being charged with a criminal act, which you damn well know the DA is going to do, is an exclusion and cause to drop you.

Now, how many people have actually had to call on their gun insurance, not many. Kind of like car insurance, only for a considerable smaller population. So it's hard to tell what will actually happen in the event of a defensive shooting.
    If I'm involved in a self-defense shooting at 2:00am, my first phone call is to 911 to initiate EMS response. My second call is to the US Lawshield emergency hotline for a lawyer to be dispatched to my location.

I will comply with LE's directives upon their arrival. However, I will not speak to LE, (i.e., my lawyer will).

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    As per US Lawshield's policy...

Those two things are big hang-up's for me. Costco is a gun free zone. Best Buy, the mall, and countless other scenarios. And just being charged with a criminal act, which you damn well know the DA is going to do, is an exclusion and cause to drop you.

Now, how many people have actually had to call on their gun insurance, not many. Kind of like car insurance, only for a considerable smaller population. So it's hard to tell what will actually happen in the event of a defensive shooting.
    There it is, that was one of my big concern years ago. I generally practice better to be judged by 12 than carried by six. I spend more time than I would like to admit in *gun free zones* which I consider criminal advantage zones and seem to me to be the most likely places you will need to defend yourself. It does me no good to have spend money on something that might cover me, but very well might not.

As per the video, this guy recommends Attorneys on Retainer. So I went to their site and looked at some scenarios. Now, this is from their website, and I'm not claiming it's accurate, so do your own research before selecting who may or may not defend you in the event of having to defend yourself.

iAnal

New information about the original post and story that indicates USSCA was not doing what the video said they did.. I posted a video 2 months ago in the OP that criticized USSCA. The video was saying that USSCA did not support a member who had been arrested in a self defense shooting. More information has been coming out the last 2 days. From what has been coming out it appears that hte reason USSCA did not support him is because the guy who needed defending had a public defender he really liked and wanted to use him. Since he had a public defender he liked he did not need or ask for USSCA*s help in the case. They would have backed him if he had wanted their help. . USSCA was not able to comment at the time because it was an ongoing legal case. This got misconstrued as USSCA not backing their members. Here is a video that basically says what I just said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    I*ve seen other older threads discussing the merits of firearm insurance and they are mostly speculation about which insurance might be best.

I came across this video that paints USSCA a popular firearm insurance option in a bad light. The video is mostly about a guy who shot a YouTuber who was harassing him in a mall in Virginia. The guy had USSCA and they dropped his coverage instead of defending him. The guy had a public defender instead. The jury found him innocent of the primary gun charge for defending himself and shooting the guy, but found him guilty of firing a gun in a in an occupied building and he is still in jail. (Wtf???)

The video discusses possible reasons why they chose not to cover the guy and he goes through parts of the contract that are important to know and understand if you are a USSCA member.

The guy doing the video is a sponsor for Attorneys on Retainer and has partnered with them. So that might be bias and a reason for doing this video painting a rival (USSCA) in a bad light. He also compares what Attorneys on Retainer would have covered and why he thinks they are better to have. Anyway you look at it, I think it is a good video to watch if you have firearm insurance or are thinking about getting some kind of coverage.
    Last edited by Ilikebuckets; February 1st, 2024 at 09:34 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12