Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Democrats at it again new legislation coming!

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I have a warning door (downstairs door) Once that gets breached.
    Windows?
    iAnal

Today Democrats running the PA House Judiciary Committee advanced multiple anti bills out of committee

-“Assault Weapon” ban on future sales
    - Binary trigger ban
    - Serialized gun parts requirement
    - 3D printed component restrictions

Reminder: House is split 101-101 with Dems holding the Speakership

This *should* fall flat in the R controlled Senate, but ya never know

(Susquehanna County)

Can't let this happen. It's a very slippery slope. One I lived in NY. Don't give 1/16th of an inch.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLund View Post
    Today Democrats running the PA House Judiciary Committee advanced multiple anti bills out of committee

-*Assault Weapon* ban on future sales
    - Binary trigger ban
    - Serialized gun parts requirement
    - 3D printed component restrictions

Reminder: House is split 101-101 with Dems holding the Speakership

This *should* fall flat in the R controlled Senate, but ya never know
    I can't stand these F---ing liars. They keep using the deaths at a synagogue caused by a nutcase Democrat "anti-trumper" to push this crap. We all know it's because of leftist BS policies, not prosecuting criminals and pushing the divisive narratives. I have NO intention complying to all these illegal laws!
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Bucks County)

Democrats- up is down, wrong is right yada yada yad

After Media-Brutalized Gun Freedom Law, Violent Crime Drops In Florida
    https://1ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2...-in-florida%2F

When Florida became the 26th state to adopt constitutional carry, corporate media and Democrats lost their minds.

None of the requirements for how citizens obtained guns in the Sunshine State changed when Florida House Bill 543 became law July 1, 2023. That didn*t stop the anti-gun press, which were not welcome at the signing, from claiming that permitless concealed carry would exacerbate shootings.

*Following mass shootings, DeSantis signs permitless carry bill,* one NBC News headline complained. In the article, the producer of *The Rachel Maddow Show* sneered at Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis for trading what he dubbed *modest gun safeguards* for an *extreme* and *controversial* law.

Forbes also amplified rhetoric from gun control groups including Giffords claiming the pro-Second Amendment law is *dangerous* and *will drive gun violence up and further jeopardize the safety of our families and communities.*

Even President Joe Biden*s White House joined the dogpile on DeSantis and Florida Republicans for daring to reinforce their constituents* constitutional rights.

*It is shameful that so soon after another tragic school shooting, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed into law a permitless concealed carry bill behind closed doors, which eliminates the need to get a license to carry a concealed weapon,* White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre wrote. *This is the opposite of commonsense gun safety. The people of Florida * who have paid a steep price for state and Congressional inaction on guns from Parkland to Pulse Nightclub to Pine Hills * deserve better.*

Now, more than six months after the law*s adoption, evidence contradicts Democrats* fearmongering that allowing law-abiding citizens to carry a loaded gun for self-defense would result in more *senseless tragedies.*

Since the legalization of constitutional carry in July 2023, Florida*s biggest cities saw a significant decrease in violent crimes, including shootings. In Jacksonville, murders and homicides dropped 6 percent in 2023 from the previous year.

The real record-breaking reduction in homicides was recorded in Miami. In 2022, the municipality recorded 49 homicides. By 2023, that number was down to 31, the fewest number of killings ever recorded in the Magic City. Miami also reported a 34 percent drop, from 151 to 100, in non-fatal shootings and 124 fewer *non-contact* shootings than in 2022. The change mirrors a national trend in less violent crime in 2023.

Florida*s constitutional carry law may not be the sole reason for those numbers, but this is the exact opposite of what Democrats claimed would happen after the law passed. Indeed, it*s fair to suspect respecting citizens* constitutional right to self-defense played a role in the crime decline. Good guys with guns can deter, prevent, and even stop crime. The legal use of firearms helps thwart an estimated 2.5 million crimes a year.

Studies show that constitutional carry laws like the one in Florida don*t cause legal gun owners to commit crimes like mass shootings. Instead, permitless carry emphasizes that the growing number of legal gun owners in the United States have the Second Amendment right to defend themselves and others if the need arises.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Democrats- up is down, wrong is right yada yada yad

After Media-Brutalized Gun Freedom Law, Violent Crime Drops In Florida
    https://1ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2...-in-florida%2F

When Florida became the 26th state to adopt constitutional carry, corporate media and Democrats lost their minds.

None of the requirements for how citizens obtained guns in the Sunshine State changed when Florida House Bill 543 became law July 1, 2023. That didn*t stop the anti-gun press, which were not welcome at the signing, from claiming that permitless concealed carry would exacerbate shootings.

*Following mass shootings, DeSantis signs permitless carry bill,* one NBC News headline complained. In the article, the producer of *The Rachel Maddow Show* sneered at Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis for trading what he dubbed *modest gun safeguards* for an *extreme* and *controversial* law.

Forbes also amplified rhetoric from gun control groups including Giffords claiming the pro-Second Amendment law is *dangerous* and *will drive gun violence up and further jeopardize the safety of our families and communities.*

Even President Joe Biden*s White House joined the dogpile on DeSantis and Florida Republicans for daring to reinforce their constituents* constitutional rights.

*It is shameful that so soon after another tragic school shooting, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed into law a permitless concealed carry bill behind closed doors, which eliminates the need to get a license to carry a concealed weapon,* White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre wrote. *This is the opposite of commonsense gun safety. The people of Florida * who have paid a steep price for state and Congressional inaction on guns from Parkland to Pulse Nightclub to Pine Hills * deserve better.*

Now, more than six months after the law*s adoption, evidence contradicts Democrats* fearmongering that allowing law-abiding citizens to carry a loaded gun for self-defense would result in more *senseless tragedies.*

Since the legalization of constitutional carry in July 2023, Florida*s biggest cities saw a significant decrease in violent crimes, including shootings. In Jacksonville, murders and homicides dropped 6 percent in 2023 from the previous year.

The real record-breaking reduction in homicides was recorded in Miami. In 2022, the municipality recorded 49 homicides. By 2023, that number was down to 31, the fewest number of killings ever recorded in the Magic City. Miami also reported a 34 percent drop, from 151 to 100, in non-fatal shootings and 124 fewer *non-contact* shootings than in 2022. The change mirrors a national trend in less violent crime in 2023.

Florida*s constitutional carry law may not be the sole reason for those numbers, but this is the exact opposite of what Democrats claimed would happen after the law passed. Indeed, it*s fair to suspect respecting citizens* constitutional right to self-defense played a role in the crime decline. Good guys with guns can deter, prevent, and even stop crime. The legal use of firearms helps thwart an estimated 2.5 million crimes a year.

Studies show that constitutional carry laws like the one in Florida don*t cause legal gun owners to commit crimes like mass shootings. Instead, permitless carry emphasizes that the growing number of legal gun owners in the United States have the Second Amendment right to defend themselves and others if the need arises.
    To add----

Study: Most Ohio Cities Saw Drop in 'Gun Crime' After Constitutional Carry Took Effect

https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2...l-carry-n78986

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    Windows?
    My neighbors windows down stairs. If he is home, I feel sorry for whomever tries to get in. Actually I don't.
    FJB

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    Windows?
    We have an alarm/magnets on doors, windows, break glass, motion, cameras, motion lights outside and a dog---and I feel that's still not enough. Anything can be jammed, bypassed, etc. But I guess it's all about increasing your chances of thwarting an attack which is the goal---

(Bradford County)

We have very much the same and I don't look at it as impregnable - I look at it as slowing someone down long enough to give me a chance to grab a firearm and potentially take cover. Also I want to make sure that anyone trying to get in at night while asleep is going to create enough racket that it will wake someone up. Short of living in body armor 24/7 w/weapon in hand, don't see how there's much more you can do.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    We have an alarm/magnets on doors, windows, break glass, motion, cameras, motion lights outside and a dog---and I feel that's still not enough. Anything can be jammed, bypassed, etc. But I guess it's all about increasing your chances of thwarting an attack which is the goal---
    The window magnet alarms take the guesswork out which way to aim if your system is set up to monitor and alert to location of breech.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast