Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Which do you prefer Conceal or Open Carry?

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    So they see it and don't know any better so they grab it and can't get it. Now you're literally in a grapple with someone trying to get your gun. They've committed. They know if they don't get your gun from you, you still have it and can shoot them. So they're going to start hitting you in the face, pulling on the gun, doing whatever they can to distract you. And then you have to shoot them, being assaulted like that it's within your right. But then you have to deal with everything that follows. The family sues you, and you win, but only after weeks in court. The DA fights you, but you win. court dates, hours of prep, lawyers fees, years later you're finally over it and in the clear. Now, you can start the appeals process to restore your gun rights. None of it is right or fair, but it's the world we live in right now.
    I'm in Douglassville here, not NYC or Philthytown. If I felt that way, I'd be afraid to leave my house. A different way of looking at it is that they see a gun and don't want to get into with that guy.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I'm in Douglassville here, not NYC or Philthytown. If I felt that way, I'd be afraid to leave my house. A different way of looking at it is that they see a gun and don't want to get into with that guy.
    I don't wear flashy clothes or appear to have money, I look like if they robbed me, it would just be for practice. Douglassville may be pretty safe for the most part, but pottstown isn't that far away and some idiot taught criminals to drive. So the criminals from pottstown head to reading to buy their drugs. They stop at amity 1st beer store for some bud light on the way, as you are coming out with a bag of ice to pack a deer you just took. You've got your hands full and they see your gun and suddenly think they can just rob the drug dealers instead of spending money on drugs when they get to reading. All of a sudden, you find yourself in a scuffle.
    iAnal

(York County)

It's been a long time since I used this one and I had to dig a bit to find it...

duty_calls_2x.jpg
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I have two EDC rigs, a P7 in a Miami classic that covers spremeo in the winter and a compact 9 that I wear OWB and prints when I'm not wearing a jacket and it prints. The longer I carry, the less I worry about the printing. And for special days, that compact 9 does fit in my front pocket.
    When I first started carrying I used to worry about printing, after a few years of doing it I don't even worry about it for most day to day things. The only time I may care is if I'm going into a hospital then I will sometimes swap for a smaller carry gun.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    I don't wear flashy clothes or appear to have money, I look like if they robbed me, it would just be for practice. Douglassville may be pretty safe for the most part, but pottstown isn't that far away and some idiot taught criminals to drive. So the criminals from pottstown head to reading to buy their drugs. They stop at amity 1st beer store for some bud light on the way, as you are coming out with a bag of ice to pack a deer you just took. You've got your hands full and they see your gun and suddenly think they can just rob the drug dealers instead of spending money on drugs when they get to reading. All of a sudden, you find yourself in a scuffle.
    What if you're carrying concealed and that same guy comes up to you to rob you, but you can't get your gun from under your shirt and now you're dead? I love 'what if' scenarios!

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    What if you're carrying concealed and that same guy comes up to you to rob you, but you can't get your gun from under your shirt and now you're dead? I love 'what if' scenarios!
    Excellent question. There are studies that show that an attacker inside 10' range you won't be able to draw on him in time regardless of open carry or concealed. But concealed, the attacker doesn't know I have a gun, so there is that element of surprise.

iAnal

(York County)

I only want the very best. Which is best, 9mm or .45 ACP?

Do you carry with a chambered round, or no?

If we're going to light the fuse under PAFOA might as well do it right!
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Bucks County)

Realizing that my azzhoe opinion won*t change any minds because Open Carriers are some of the most stubborn personalities on the planet. That said, I*ve worked around the criminal element most of my life.

As a general rule, criminals are fundamentally:
    -lazy
    -mostly subnormal intellect
    -violent/predatory
    -severely lacking impulse control
    -attracted to and will strike shiny objects like a Barracuda off a Mediterranean beach.

Open carry seres a couple purposes:
    - gets the wearer attention not normally garnered
    -increases chances wearer will strike up a conversation with attractively dressed ladies half their age in the grocery store.
    -advertisement to criminals with low impulse control: *Shiny Thing Here*.

If you*ve never had the pleasure of someone trying to take your open carry pistol, try it out for laughs. I*ve btdt- way back when I was in shape. It*s easy to simulate in a safe environment with your sparing partner and a blue gun.
    I*ve seen a few open carriers over the years and recall only one that appeared to be switched on enough to possibly see trouble approaching.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post

5.7 beats 9mm in damage, and both in capacity. No recoil.
    iAnal

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post

I'm going to start OCing a 50BMG. I can use it as a bat if I can't work the bolt.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast