Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Thanks For Nothing Gander Mountain!!! Grrrrr

Please Note: The poster was issued a warning for this post.

Brown-Bear Angry.

So I go to the York store this morning knowing full well that its black friday and they will be busy. I have a 9mm that I was looking to trade either on another gun or some optics, and other x-mas gifts for the fam. So I check my gun at the counter and make my way back to the gun counter. I wait in line for about ten minutes for the next available person who says "Can I help you sir" I say I need a price on this 9mm when you get a minute, I see your busy. She says yeah sure, let me see it. The phone rings and she looks annoyed. I said to her "Hey listen I got some shopping to do here in the store, can I leave it here with you? She agrees, locks it in case for me and off I go with a thank you for my patience. So I do my shopping, pick up a red dot scope for the shotgun, a coat for the wife and some kiddie clothes for lil-bear. I head back to the gun counter and listen to some other moron kid tell a guy not to buy a 1911 because its to big to conceal and that you'll get arrested for OC'ing and lose your permit ( what ever). So anyway. I have now been in the store for over an hour and want to know if they priced my gun yet. The girl comes over hands me my gun and says " Sorry, we're not buying any guns, quoting any guns or anything like that til after the holiday". WHAT? So your not even gonna give me a quote, Nope was the answer I got. So I ask to see the manager. He tells me the same story. So I ask him why, and he says that they just don't have the time for it. Now I'm blown away. I say you're not gonna buy this gun from me so that I can buy all this stuff in my cart,a nd then you can sell that gun to someone else this weekend? That sounds like a real good business model. He says he's sorry, and I can come back after the weekend for the gun sale, but that I should feel free to continue with my purchase. No thanks pal. I'm outta here.

Man, what a morning. Rant over.

Dave W
    3%

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Thanks for Effin Nothing Gander Mountain!!! Grrrrr

You said yourself "So I go to the York store this morning knowing full well that its black friday and they will be busy." So why are you surprised? Today would be the worst day to go and get great service. Maybe try a mom and pop store. At least there not running around with there heads buried in advertisement trying to keep up with new pricing etc..
    <a href=http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg target=_blank>http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg</a>

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Thanks For Nothing Gander Mountain!!! Grrrrr

honestly, why would you go to Gander Mountain to trade a gun in? you're better off going to a reputable local shop.

(Lehigh County)

Went and got goosed by the Gander.

I refuse to go anywhere on Black Friday except for semi-emergencies (like needing to replace a fuel shut-off valve for my snow blower... grrrrrr).

Agreed. Having worked in retail I feel it's just understood that the sheep will be out "en mass" and chasing the deals. With the amount of "loss leaders" i.e items retailers are selling below cost to get you through the door the amount of people trying to cash in on deals will supersede customer service, especially at the big box retailers. Some companies actually tell their associates to take care of paying customers vs. answering questions from potential customers because they know no matter what Black Friday will equal cash money in their coffers. I'm not criticizing Brown-bear's decision to try & trade a firearm on the busiest shopping day of the year, but I understand Gander Mountain's position on not inspecting used firearms for trades. That takes time to do properly, and that's time an employee can spend running a cash register or bagging items for one of the many people in line wanting to pay & move on to the next store. I'd go to a local store. Probably get a better deal AND cash in on an unadvertised black friday special.

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    honestly, why would you go to Gander Mountain to trade a gun in? you're better off going to a reputable local shop.
    Or maybe try and sell it here in the Classifieds.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Or maybe try and sell it here in the Classifieds.
    agreed

(Lackawanna County)

so, whatcha got?

(York County)

Well I have to agree with the bear GM has gone down hill in the past year.
    RIP -The US constitution.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    so, whatcha got?
    Taurus PT-111 Millenium Pro 9mm compact. Posting in classifieds right now.....

Dave W.
    3%

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast