Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Chester County Hospital in West Chester Installed Metal Detectors at Main Entrance

While at the hospital yesterday, I had to go through a metal detector at the main enterance. Apparently they've had on at the ER entrance and decided to add it to the main as well. Here's a notice I saw while waiting in pre-op.

Notice.JPG

While the notice says "coming soon", it was already installed and manned. FWIW, it doesn't work very well, at least it didn't yesterday.

(York County)

Default Re: Chester County Hospital in West Chester Installed Metal Detectors at Main Entranc

Perhaps you aren't the Droid they're looking for.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Chester County Hospital in West Chester Installed Metal Detectors at Main Entranc

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Perhaps you aren't the Droid they're looking for.
    I guess not. I had my cell phone, a battery pack, a keyring with lots of keys, a small multitool and a couple of other items. I walked though and heard a low beep and the security guard smiled and waved me through. KMy wife went through with her hand bag that had her phone and Ipad and he did not check that. I went down to the lobby about an hour later to get a coffee and noticed that a different guard was checking bags.

(Delaware County)

Delaware County memorial had them at the ER. That hospital has since closed, along with a few others in the general area. The few that are left are getting people from beyond their normal area and things are getting a little crazier at the ER's. Riddle in Delco, no detector yet, is getting folks from Wilmington, I'd expect them to go that route in the future. Last time I was at Riddle I had congestive heart failure, couldn't breathe if I exerted any energy, sitting still I was ok, but the place was like a zoo, I sat for a few hours before getting anything more than a triage diagnosis.