Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Still trying to fall in love with my Q5…..five years later.

I*ve had this pistol for several years. I first brought it home when they were newly released, before the steel frame versions came out. I had read up on them and think I probably expected too much from it. Every review hyped them up and talked about the wonderful trigger, and quite frankly, I was rather disappointed in the firearm.

Nonetheless, I originally threw a Vortex Viper on it (my first red dot) and put in time with it. I originally used one of the mounting plates that came with the gun and always felt it was too bulky, sat too high and didn*t offer any way to get a rear sight.

I eventually changed the trigger to the Apex one that*s still in it and went back to iron sights. I used it in a few competitions at the local range, and fared very well with it, but something about the gun always kept me from loving it.

I recently decided it*s sat in the safe too much and it was time to give it a second shot. I put the competition springs in there from Sprinco, ordered the C & H plate with integrated rear sight, proper height front sight and decided to give Vector optics a try. By this time I was onboard with Holosun on several of my other pistols but wanted to try something different.

I do admit that the simple spring swap does greatly improve the trigger, but can*t recommend the Vector Frenzy. The main reason is that I feel the dots simply doesn*t get bright enough. Also, when making adjustments, there are no clicks or locking tabs. I did put a painted line on both adjustment screws to see if they walk and at this point, they haven*t but it just doesn*t feel like something I can count on long term. I realize it*s considered a budget optic, but at its price point a 407 is right around the corner.

If there are any polymer framed Q5 owners reading this, I would would love to know your opinions on your own pistol, and what you have done to get it to your liking.

DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Default Re: Still trying to fall in love with my Q5…..five years later.

I like those sights.
    FJB

(Cumberland County)

Not a Q5, but similar. i recently picked up a PDP Pro full-size. I really like it. I think the performance trigger is the best striker trigger that I have ever fired. The PPQs just always felt a little too squashed for my hand.

(Berks County)

Beautiful gun, I honestly can't tell a huge difference between the PDP, q5, and creed. I'm sure shooting them would reveal my ignorance.
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

(Schuylkill County)

If you haven't broken anything on it, we know that you haven't tried to love it enough.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    If you haven't broken anything on it, we know that you haven't tried to love it enough.
    I*m actually kind of proud that I*m still remembered, by some anyway, for that.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"